The Student Room Group

How many tog duvet for st Andrew's?

I'm moving to uni in St Andrew's soon and I don't know how many tog should the duvet be? I don't know if to get 10.5 or 13.5 tog? I'll be in student accommodation and I don't know how warm it is there.
I didn't even know that terminology for duvets! :biggrin:

In any case, it's in Scotland so undoubtedly it'll get fairly cool in winter. According to wikipedia it tends to be from 0-6 in Winter and 10-19 in summer, so on the cooler side, but I don't think that's hugely out of step with the rest of the UK anyway.

Maybe get an extra throw blanket or two with one that's similar to what you're used to, so you can add more blankets if it's very cold or just store them when it's warmer :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
I'm moving to uni in St Andrew's soon and I don't know how many tog should the duvet be? I don't know if to get 10.5 or 13.5 tog? I'll be in student accommodation and I don't know how warm it is there.

I would go for the 13.5 as it can be chilly. Alternatively you could get an 'all seasons' one so in the summer you can detach part of it.
Original post by Muttley79
I would go for the 13.5 as it can be chilly. Alternatively you could get an 'all seasons' one so in the summer you can detach part of it.

Any duvets you recommend-companies? Do you think the 13.5 togg or detachable one is better? How much warmer is 10. 5 tog
g vs 13.5 tog?
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
Any duvets you recommend-companies? Do you think the 13.5 togg or detachable one is better? How much warmer is 10. 5 tog
g vs 13.5 tog?

There's some explanation on here. Some of it is personal preference - with the all seasons at least you have some adjustment as you don't know what the heating will be like in your room.

https://www.dormeo.co.uk/duvet-tog-guide

I would go for a washable one - ours are just from a supermarket.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest