The Student Room Group

Dsa

Not heard but applied weeks ago via student finance
Original post by Hparr83
Not heard but applied weeks ago via student finance

call or chase them up by email, if its outside of their parameters of workflow, which it sounds like yours is, I'd get onto them as they lost my application last year and had to complain to get them to fix it.
Reply 2
Thanks will chase them as I found a direct email address on here for them. Thanks 😁😁
@Hparr83 the best thing to do with student finance is to ring them. You can contact them on 0300 100 0607.

With student finance you to tend to need to chase things, so keep on top if it :smile: As of course would be ideal to get this sorted before you start university.

- Rosie
Hi @Hparr83

As others have mentioned it is worth chasing Student Finance around DSA as it can take time for them to complete. Although you have an email address it may be quicker if you are able to give them a call and speak with an advisor.

It might also be helpful to speak to the disability service at the university who may be able to help chase this for you as well.

I had a delay with my DSA last year and it was with the company that completed my DSA assessment so it may also be useful to check that the company that completed any needs assessments you may have had, have sent the information over to Student Finance and the University.

I hope this helps, and you hear from student Finance soon.

Luke Portsmouth Student Rep
Reply 5
Thanks. Student finance have done their side it is the DSA side that I have heard nothing from, no contact re an assessment or anything. University DSA department have contacted me and said they are now waiting to hear from DSA with the results of my assessment but I haven’t got anything about an assessment yet 😞. Thanks I will try ringing them. 😁
Original post by Hparr83
Thanks. Student finance have done their side it is the DSA side that I have heard nothing from, no contact re an assessment or anything. University DSA department have contacted me and said they are now waiting to hear from DSA with the results of my assessment but I haven’t got anything about an assessment yet 😞. Thanks I will try ringing them. 😁

Hi when I applied for DSA through Student Finance Wales last year, I had to book my assessment myself. The organisation that carried out my DSA assessment then invoiced Student Finance directly. You should get an email or letter from Student Finance saying whether or not you are eligible for an assessment.
Reply 7
Original post by Auntie_Autie2019
Hi when I applied for DSA through Student Finance Wales last year, I had to book my assessment myself. The organisation that carried out my DSA assessment then invoiced Student Finance directly. You should get an email or letter from Student Finance saying whether or not you are eligible for an assessment.

Thanks but not had an email from student finance to say whether I am eligible or not so cannot book an assessment. Thanks
Original post by Hparr83
Thanks but not had an email from student finance to say whether I am eligible or not so cannot book an assessment. Thanks

Ah definitely chase student finance up with a call maybe? Usually you can get through to the DSA enquiries department fairly quickly.
Reply 9
Original post by Auntie_Autie2019
Ah definitely chase student finance up with a call maybe? Usually you can get through to the DSA enquiries department fairly quickly.

Not at the moment, tried calling 3 times after posting here and their is an automated reply saying that they are not taking calls at present and to just log onto your account and check status and replies there. 😞 automatic response to email that was sent too. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest