Is it too late for 09 entry? Watch

feverpitch
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I've been trying to navigate through the common application for US unis...I think I might be too late for '09 application, is this right?
r0x0r
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No -- applications aren't due till January 1st for many schools and even later for others. It's a bit late to start getting organized (choosing schools, taking SAT(s), getting recommendations), but it's doable.
BadExaminee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by feverpitch)
I've been trying to navigate through the common application for US unis...I think I might be too late for '09 application, is this right?
Actually if you still haven't taken the SATs, then you won't be able to take it by December, which means you won't be able to apply to the majority of the universities. Only a few unis accept Jan SAT scores, but even than acceptance rate is pretty low. So you can safely say you are too late for 2009 entry.
xoShannon
Report 10 years ago
Actually, late registration for December SATs is still going on. If you go to CollegeBoard.com, you can sign up now. You have until the 19th, so I would hurry if you want to apply for universities here. Best of luck with applications!
Kettensägenmassaker
Report 10 years ago
The short answer is - it depends on the uni. Policy for international student applications is different than for domestic students (who would not be too late to apply).
BadExaminee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xoShannon)
Actually, late registration for December SATs is still going on. If you go to CollegeBoard.com, you can sign up now. You have until the 19th, so I would hurry if you want to apply for universities here. Best of luck with applications!
Actually, it's only for US students. The deadline for international students has passed on 5th Nov.
Kettensägenmassaker
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BadExaminee)
Actually, it's only for US students. The deadline for international students has passed on 5th Nov.
There is no single deadline for international students. It depends on the uni. If the OP really wants to study in the US and is not as picky about where to attend, it's worth checking to see who may still be open to international applicants.
BadExaminee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kettensägenmassaker)
There is no single deadline for international students. It depends on the uni. If the OP really wants to study in the US and is not as picky about where to attend, it's worth checking to see who may still be open to international applicants.
What are you talking about ? I was referring to the SAT registration deadline for December.

:stupid:
Kettensägenmassaker
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BadExaminee)
What are you talking about ? I was referring to the SAT registration deadline for December.

:stupid:
It appeared as though you were referring to some mythical application deadline for US schools. My fault for skimming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads