Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i shall be seeing you lot on the 3rd... does anyone know what this lunch is like?... what choice of food do we have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YEVIN)
    good job!!when did u receive the invitation letter? and when did u sent off ur ucas application?i havent got one yet><...
    mmm received it a few days ago, on saturday in the post i think!
    sent it off in the 2nd week of october i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR King)
    i shall be seeing you lot on the 3rd... does anyone know what this lunch is like?... what choice of food do we have?
    CHINESE FOOOOOOOD!!!

Naww, i'm assuming it'll be average canteen food.
    There'll definitely be chips ;D

The pure econ people aren't getting lunch, nor a group interview - does this mean that the stat sciences department are in charge of us more than the econ department, even though we applied to do Economics and Stats?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, anyone planning to stay in London for a while after the Open Day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryfairy5)
    Just wondering, anyone planning to stay in London for a while after the Open Day?
    shopping OFC !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willis123)
    shopping OFC !
    Haha, i wanna go shopping too, but our day ends at 3 and there's an LSE lecture i want to go to (at either 5.30 or 6.30 - haven't made up my mind yet). Apparently we have to queue up quite early as well, so... not much shopping time :'(

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, im gonna be there on the 3rd aswell! does anyone know what the informal group discussion is like? and what will the lunch be like?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, i wanna go shopping too, but our day ends at 3 and there's an LSE lecture i want to go to (at either 5.30 or 6.30 - haven't made up my mind yet). Apparently we have to queue up quite early as well, so... not much shopping time :'(
    Link?

ReputationRep:
    omg omg omg omg omg just got an offer at lse for BMS! ARGHHH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willis123)
    Link?
    The role of banks in a globalised economy: balancing innovation and stability
    Date: Wednesday 3 December 2008 5.30pm
    Speaker: Alessandro Profumo
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/LSE...1t1546z001.htm

Thirty Years of China's Reform: opening-up and looking forward
    Date: Wednesday 3 December 2008 6.30pm
    Speaker: Li Rong Zhang
    http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/LSE...1t1606z001.htm

ReputationRep:
    What's everyone bringing with them to the Open Day?
    Do we need paper/pens etc?

ReputationRep:
    i was going to ask that. I might bring a notepad
    U know this group informal interview, are WE being interviewed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelle1991)
    i was going to ask that. I might bring a notepad
    U know this group informal interview, are WE being interviewed?
    I think it's more interrogation of the academic by us, isn't it?
    Granted, we'll be asked to discuss economic issues (i think UCL have a supervision-style of teaching, but don't quote me on that :P) to see how docile we are, but i reckon they wouldn't reject us if we give wrong answers

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more interrogation of the academic by us, isn't it?
    Granted, we'll be asked to discuss economic issues (i think UCL have a supervision-style of teaching, but don't quote me on that :P) to see how docile we are, but i reckon they wouldn't reject us if we give wrong answers
    im starting to get really nervous now i dont know why!! I don't really mind discussing economic issues, but do u think they'll make us do stats questions? if so I should start revising!

ReputationRep:
    im starting to get really nervous now i dont know why!! I don't really mind discussing economic issues, but do u think they'll make us do stats questions? if so I should start revising!
    Haha! They'd better not ask us to do actual stats questions!
    I'm very rusty on the stats...
    However, it's better to revise for it than be underprepared, and if you've got interviews (especially Oxbridge) after 3rd December, it might be worth your while to look over all the stats you've done so far

ReputationRep:
    Haha! They'd better not ask us to do actual stats questions!
    I'm very rusty on the stats...
    However, it's better to revise for it than be underprepared, and if you've got interviews (especially Oxbridge) after 3rd December, it might be worth your while to look over all the stats you've done so far
    ahhhhhhh i dont have any stats things to revise from! thats awful im so bad at stats
    im hoping it will be good though. Im also worried that there will be too much stats in this course, but im not going to say that haha!

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhh i dont have any stats things to revise from! thats awful im so bad at stats
    im hoping it will be good though. Im also worried that there will be too much stats in this course, but im not going to say that haha!
    Bahaha, you wouldn't've applied for Econ and Stats if you're bad at Stats :P
    Surely you have stats notes from last year or something...?

ReputationRep:
    Bahaha, you wouldn't've applied for Econ and Stats if you're bad at Stats :P
    Surely you have stats notes from last year or something...?
    urmmm threw everything away! haha what a mistake
    never mind I'll ask my maths teacher for a book tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    they said in the letter its informal,group interview?chance for us to ask questions?
    that implies we wont be asked anything..i dunno,i might be wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charl2604)
    they said in the letter its informal,group interview?chance for us to ask questions?
    that implies we wont be asked anything..i dunno,i might be wrong
    That is certainly what the wording in the letter suggests, but a "chance to ask questions" implies that there are other parts to the informal group interview that doesn't include question-asking by us.
    I reckon it wouldn't be anything too strenuous though
    (Hopefully!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.