Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Yup, it's another internet connection thread! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm really getting cheesed off with my router. My room's upstairs, and the router's downstairs,but in perspective they're only a short distance apart. And although the wireless signal does have to go through a couple of walls, my laptop receives the signal fine, yet, my PS3 gets nothing.

I don't know what's wrong, it's worked perfectly before, but recently it's been glitchy. I've tried rebooting the router and all that, I don't think there's anything wrong with my PS3 (It still plays fine, just doesn't go online easily) and it's still not connecting properly. The other day my PS3 managed to connect okay, but with limited signal strength, so the game was lagging a bit.

Can anyone help me? My router is the default Sky Broadband one (Netgear).

ReputationRep:
    Wireless sucks baws, I only use it on my laptop as I move around a lot with it (you know... use it in the kitchen, living room, in bed, on the toilet... hahaha). I recommend running ethernet cables to anything that stays in a fixed position. We all have them running to our PCs. The router is on the top floor of a 3-storey house, one of my housemates is on the bottom floor, and still went to the hassle of running a long cable all the way down there because wireless is so unreliable and slow. I'd run one to a games console too, mainly for reliability. No fun playing something online and having it cut out because of a dodgy wireless signal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.