Turn on thread page Beta

Legal action against the University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    is that an end thread where everyone posts after you regardless?
    Quite clearly....yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Pieb)
    Quite clearly....yes
    i wonder if itll work for me

/thread

ReputationRep:
    In Soviet Russia, parcel receive YOU!

ReputationRep:
    lmao wow
    dude...they're not going to take keep your parcel.

Your Uni isnt a scam market in disguise. Stop getting worked up. Legal action? I wont be surprised if someone throws the case in your face

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Apparently he can take legal action - "problem" solved.

I'd really like to see a solicitor take that on. :p:
    NOT JUST ANY LEGAL ACTION!!

He'll put the "right solution to the issue in question" to the "un-enlightened masses".

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: This thread made my evening!
    particularly the mocking 999 call transcript post :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    full of win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT87)
    NOT JUST ANY LEGAL ACTION!!

He'll put the "right solution to the issue in question" to the "un-enlightened masses".
    I think he ****** up big time here then. Might yet need enlightening about it still though.

ReputationRep:
    Don't be daft :rolleyes: parcels at my uni can easily take a day after they've actually been delivered to materialise, as they have to go through the distribution centre first. It's completely normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sziphix)
    thats going in my sig

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he can take legal action - "problem" solved.

I'd really like to see a solicitor take that on. :p:
    Only as a last resort, if they apologise or give me a good reason tomorrow morning then it'll be over and done with.

Maybe the person I spoke to wasn't who took delivery of it, and she didn't know.

If they hold on to my package or give me abuse then I'll have to take it further.

I'm a reasonable person and I'm happy to work with people that are polite and honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SovietRussiaFH)
    Only as a last resort, if they apologise or give me a good reason tomorrow morning then it'll be over and done with.

Maybe the person I spoke to wasn't who took delivery of it, and she didn't know.

If they hold on to my package or give me abuse then I'll have to take it further.

I'm a reasonable person and I'm happy to work with people that are polite and honest.
    You are NOT reasonable. You haven't even given it one day.

ReputationRep:
    I just noticed that you have Cardiff in your applications, don't do it!! They will steal your post!!!

Or at least don't stay in halls, the University itself is OK.
    Ummm... Ok.

I'll seriously take into consideration the fact that you say they'll steal my post when I decide where I'm going. Oh, and I'll make sure I don't live in halls, because it's what you've suggested. Thank you, you've saved my life!

:shifty:

ReputationRep:

Hey quick, look what is that light shining through your window. Its the lights from a dark Jaguar car, it must be the Equalizer here to take on your "case"

ReputationRep:
    You are NOT reasonable. You haven't even given it one day.
    It's usually instant though, at least when it arrives in the morning. Parcels are delivered directly to reception so there's no reason for a delay.

This is the first time they've screwed up.

ReputationRep:
    It's usually instant though, at least when it arrives in the morning. Parcels are delivered directly to reception so there's no reason for a delay.

Yes, and it happens all the time in life. Get over it.

ReputationRep:
    You do know if you get the law involved, when your parcel is found they will have to take it in for evidence meaning that you'll have to wait months to get your grubby mitts on it. Good Luck

ReputationRep:

Even more reason to calm down buddy.

I get parcels delivered to my flat all the time and I normally pay for rapid delivery so I get annoyed when I get up to answer my door only to find the driver speeding off.....

I have also on occasion, checked the tracking site and it states the parcel has been delivered only to find it has been returned to a depot.

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying in Halls at the moment, and recently I ordered something from Amazon. It was scheduled to be delivered today, as I've been tracking it on the website.

I checked the site at about 10am today and it said it was 'out for delivery', so I thought it would be delivered around mid-day or something.

I've spent much of the afternoon revising in my room, and I checked the site at about 5.15pm and it said it had just been delivered, so I went to check the mail box to see if there was a parcel note, but there wasn't. Fair enough I thought, the admin staff haven't had time to put one in yet, so I went back to my room.

I've just checked again at about 5.30, and there still wasn't one there, so I went to reception and asked if there had been any parcels delivered, and they said if there wasn't a note in the box then it hadn't been delivered. Reception closes at about 6pm.

I know they are lying, but I didn't say anything. Nobody lies to me and gets away with it, if there is a note there tomorrow morning then I will want to know why they didn't give it to me immediately.

That parcel is 110% my property, I paid for every penny of it and they have no right to keep it from me. You won't believe how tempted I am to call 999 right this instant, this is theft and if they searched the premises I know they'd find it.

Just venting :mad:
    :rofl:

And the winner of the over-reaction of the year award goes to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    :rofl:

And the winner of the over-reaction of the year award goes to...
    SillyFencer :cool:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.