Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Please keep anon or delete.

I don't want to be told to grow up, im not jealous. Just need to rant basically!

Basically I live an hour away from my dad, he comes to stay at his house here at weekends, and lives an hour away in the week where his main business is.

My family all live near where my dad do, and tonights his birthday.

So, his new girlfriend has arranged a family meal out for all the family but didn't bother inviting me. Yet her 2 year old son is going and I cannot be invited!

Im 17, I could have easily got on the train there after Sixth-form but I didnt recieve so much as a text to ask me to go with them. What annoys me is her son is going and all the family.

I would have loved to have seen my dad on his birthday but thanks to her didn't get an invite. My Aunty is really mad too that she didn't invite me. So whilst im sat home alone my family is out having a 'nice' meal with everyone and my dad's only child (me) isn't there.! Thanks new girlfriend!!

Mehh, this was just a rant. Thanks for reading!

ReputationRep:
    Get a friend, turn up start having a meal and then go 'dad, i didnt realise you were here, wheres my invite?'

Then it will be really awkward and the wife will get the stick for being a ***** and not inviting you. then watch the film the parent trap and start operation breakup.

Or, less drastic option, speak to your dad that youre feeling left out by her

ReputationRep:
    Tell your dad you feel left out, talking is the way forward i think. I can see why you are annoyed i would be fuming! As said i would talk you your dad it may not have been all of the girlfriends fault there may have been a reason for it (im not sure what it could be but there may be one). Tell your dad exactly what you have said here and that it has upset you.

ReputationRep:
    awww, yeah do what the second person who posted said haha.
    by family you mean your dad's side of the family?? but things can be like that. parents always fuss over the younger ones.
    but explain to your dad how your feeling. hopefully he will give you some comforting words.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)
    Get a friend, turn up start having a meal and then go 'dad, i didnt realise you were here, wheres my invite?'

Then it will be really awkward and the wife will get the stick for being a ***** and not inviting you. then watch the film the parent trap and start operation breakup.

:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    If you decide to bring it up with either your dad or his girlfriend, I suggest you take the hurt and confused angle rather than getting angry and defensive. Make her feel really guilty and you will come out as the winner. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woofums)

ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    If you decide to bring it up with either your dad or his girlfriend, I suggest you take the hurt and confused angle rather than getting angry and defensive. Make her feel really guilty and you will come out as the winner. :yep:
    Good idea, appear very upset and disappointed and start to cry might help

ReputationRep:
    dang
    she a hoe.

ReputationRep:
    Who else in the family is going? I can't really think of a good reason for not inviting you (how did you find out), maybe she thought that you wouldn't be able to get there on a school night (although that's not really an excuse for not giving you an invite). You should probably just talk to them (surely your dad must have asked why you're not there).
    Maybe you could take your dad for a meal when you next see him. Also maybe you could suggest to his girlfriend that you organise a family christmas party together so that neither of you feel left out and you get a chance to see your family.

(Original post by little.miss.vicki)
    Who else in the family is going? I can't really think of a good reason for not inviting you (how did you find out), maybe she thought that you wouldn't be able to get there on a school night (although that's not really an excuse for not giving you an invite). You should probably just talk to them (surely your dad must have asked why you're not there).
    Maybe you could take your dad for a meal when you next see him. Also maybe you could suggest to his girlfriend that you organise a family christmas party together so that neither of you feel left out and you get a chance to see your family.
    Hey, My aunty rang me to tell me, because she was saying how he wasn't looking forward to it. So I acted like I knew etc.. But I had no idea.
    I asked my dad earlier what he was doing and he said nothing, so now I just don't know.
    She knows I could have got there after Sixth-form as Ive done it before for someones else's birthday. Although they've only just started to go out and it annoys me already she's pushing me out. I mean howcome her 2 year old son is allowed?

I feel like texting my dad to moan, but don't want to ruin his night. What should I do?

My Favourite aunty is going, whom im very close to, my uncle, my granma, my other aunty and uncle , my dad, the annoying friend and HER 2 year old.
    Where's the fairness in that?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't bring it up tonight, let your dad have a nice birthday (although I'm sure he would prefer it if you were there). Next time you see them both just ask why you weren't invited, they might have an explanation. Maybe it's not going ahead and they would have invited you but decided not to do it before they got round to asking you, I can't think why else your dad would say he's not doing anything (it's obviously not a surprise party as your auntie said that your dad had told her he wasn't looking forward to it).
    Rather than guessing I'd leave it for tonight and then either ring them tomorrow or speak to them next time your at their house

ReputationRep:
    What a *****, that's completely out of order. He's your Dad first, her boyfriend second.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tetrahydrocannabinol.)
    What a *****, that's completely out of order. He's your Dad first, her boyfriend second.
    I agree. Hasn't your Dad said anything about you not being invited? It does sound out of order, I'd be really quite offended/hurt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anon or delete.

I don't want to be told to grow up, im not jealous. Just need to rant basically!

Basically I live an hour away from my dad, he comes to stay at his house here at weekends, and lives an hour away in the week where his main business is.

My family all live near where my dad do, and tonights his birthday.

So, his new girlfriend has arranged a family meal out for all the family but didn't bother inviting me. Yet her 2 year old son is going and I cannot be invited!

Im 17, I could have easily got on the train there after Sixth-form but I didnt recieve so much as a text to ask me to go with them. What annoys me is her son is going and all the family.

I would have loved to have seen my dad on his birthday but thanks to her didn't get an invite. My Aunty is really mad too that she didn't invite me. So whilst im sat home alone my family is out having a 'nice' meal with everyone and my dad's only child (me) isn't there.! Thanks new girlfriend!!

Mehh, this was just a rant. Thanks for reading!
    I understand what you feel like...what is it about dads' girlfriend's that makes them behave like psychos to the guys kids.

My dads girlfriend is also a complete fruit loop and has caused no end of arguments...I just dont understand it...you'd think they'd WANT to try and get on with the kids of the guy they're dating :mad:

ReputationRep:
    They should've invited you, for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evenstar)
    I understand what you feel like...what is it about dads' girlfriend's that makes them behave like psychos to the guys kids.

My dads girlfriend is also a complete fruit loop and has caused no end of arguments...I just dont understand it...you'd think they'd WANT to try and get on with the kids of the guy they're dating :mad:
    :ditto::ditto::ditto::ditto: :sadnod:

Completely happened to me, I used to be really close to my dad, and then he met the *****he's currently dating, and she's made it so her kids are the priority. She's made it so I see him less and less, and yet he has to jump through hoops to help her kids.

Tell him how you feel now before it's too late! Do it before she practically brainwashes him, I wish I had with my dad.

ReputationRep:
    Make it clear that you're hurt to your dad. Don't go on the offensive, but be the victim, make it clear you feel pushed out, and let him know you still very much want to be in his life.

ReputationRep:
    Erm sorry if im being a fool, but she seemed to only have invited the ADULTS, not the kids to this meal if you have noticed. And she is taking her 2 year old son maybe because she couldn't find a baby sitter or didn't want to get a baby-sitter otherwise it would wreck the SUPRISE for your dad. That's why maybe he doesn't know your not invited or why he said nothing is happening If you see it my way then it seems logicial. Just trying to show both ways of this situation, she could be a nice person and will have another thing will all the family(with children), not just the ADULTS.

Made sense?

ReputationRep:
    oooooooooooooooo, revenge plan..

plan a christmas meal and 'forget' to invite her....

I would be angry, im feeling angry for you reading it!!! Just play the guilt card, or take my revenge plan lol...you give what you get

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.