Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Erm sorry if im being a fool, but she seemed to only have invited the ADULTS
    Yes but she's practically an adult, and she's also his closest relative.

ReputationRep:
    Erm sorry if im being a fool, but she seemed to only have invited the ADULTS, not the kids to this meal if you have noticed. And she is taking her 2 year old son maybe because she couldn't find a baby sitter or didn't want to get a baby-sitter otherwise it would wreck the SUPRISE for your dad. That's why maybe he doesn't know your not invited or why he said nothing is happening If you see it my way then it seems logicial. Just trying to show both ways of this situation, she could be a nice person and will have another thing will all the family(with children), not just the ADULTS.

Made sense?

Thats utter crap, a 16-18 yr old isn't a 'kid'

ReputationRep:
    Erm sorry if im being a fool, but she seemed to only have invited the ADULTS, not the kids to this meal if you have noticed. And she is taking her 2 year old son maybe because she couldn't find a baby sitter or didn't want to get a baby-sitter otherwise it would wreck the SUPRISE for your dad. That's why maybe he doesn't know your not invited or why he said nothing is happening If you see it my way then it seems logicial. Just trying to show both ways of this situation, she could be a nice person and will have another thing will all the family(with children), not just the ADULTS.

Made sense?

Makes no sense. If I had been left out from my dads birthday meal when I was 17 on the basis that I was a 'child' I would not only have been incredibly hurt, but equally offended. If the OP was 13, then there might be more basis, but 17? No. Just looks a bit like they're being ignored.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i get you but what if she doesn't think that way. You don't know how she thinks and im sure OP isn't best buds with her so she wouldn't know how she thinks about what age would be correct to be classed as an adult. And also if her dad does know, he would have invited her not unless he got something planned for weekend, because she is on school week or something. You can't just blame someone because you got no invite.
    You have to look at other options otherwise if you confront what you think is right, you may be completely wrong and look like a buffoon infront of everyone, or a spoilt brat. Just ask the girlfriend why you wasn't invited and take it from there.

No point of putting in the tears without knowing some facts.

Made sense?
    Im 18 in just over a month, so I'm not mature enough? I don't think it's fair the two year old son went and I couldn't!

Anyway, They're all feeling very guilty now apparently!

(Original post by Charlski)
    Makes no sense. If I had been left out from my dads birthday meal when I was 17 on the basis that I was a 'child' I would not only have been incredibly hurt, but equally offended. If the OP was 13, then there might be more basis, but 17? No. Just looks a bit like they're being ignored.
    Thankyou! I was fuming! I admit, if I was younger and not able to get on the train my-self etc etc then it'd be fair, but im 18 in just under a month so I cannot see why I was left out.

HER 2 year old gets to spend the night with MY dad on his birthday and im supposed to be fine about it? Pfft..

Like my mum said "You can pick your friends but not your family."

ReputationRep:
    Have you spoken to your dad about it yet?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.