Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone else like their course overall, but hate one or two modules? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I'm really enjoying my course at the moment overall but there are a couple of modules which I absolutely resent: a maths for economists module which is a complete whore and a course in propositional and predicate logic.

I'm finding myself wishing away the next few months so that I can focus on my semester 2 modules which are electives and look brilliant.

Anyone else in this situation?

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate any modules on my course specifically, but there are a few in the past three years that I've lost motivation for. Notably, post-production in second year (late nights on Mondays with a lecturer whose style of teaching I really disliked), and video production throughout the three years, which, though I like to produce films, takes away time from things I'd rather be focusing on as it's very time-demanding.
    I love my course and the education it gives me, but the stress can temporarily destroy parts.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yes lol, and I have to study them all year and one of them has to be taken to the second year but I just grin and bear it...I think everyone finds this anyway, from Year 7 upwards :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've done three different degrees at different times in my life - and this is just part of it. But there are also great modules where you learn really useful stuff or just plain enjoy them. Take the rough with the smooth, coz the big bad world of work is just the same.

ReputationRep:
    I am the opposite. I hate my course but love one of the modules :mad:
    I am doing IT & Multimedia but I wanna do Computer Forensics, the lecturer for this said its the hardest course to get onto if you didn't apply first time round.

ReputationRep:
    I hated my course but loved only one module so i changed degree.

ReputationRep:
    I hate 2/3 of my core modules, but love my two optional modules.

ReputationRep:
    To the people who hate most of their modules, can I ask why you took the degree?

ReputationRep:
    I hate my Chemistry practical module, it's so badly organised.

ReputationRep:
    Off topic but if you decide to change course do you have to pay full tuition fees or can you get loans and grants etc again?

ReputationRep:
    I hated my literally all of my first year modules. I like all of my second year stuff though, apart from a day before an assignment needs to be handed in!

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed Tort and Property, and despised everything else. So I dropped out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    I am doing IT & Multimedia but I wanna do Computer Forensics, the lecturer for this said its the hardest course to get onto if you didn't apply first time round.
    Why not apply - one of my ex-students started Computer forensics at Stoke with only moderate A2 results and is absolutely loving it.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, its called Contract Law and it eats your life. xD

ReputationRep:
    Prosthodontics, periodontics and orthodontics make me want to die inside.

ReputationRep:
    There's at least one module I hate in each semester (fossils, sedimentology, geology & society, depositional processes & environments), and the practical nature of over half my modules from until September 2010 is ridiculously dull and uninspiring (geological mapping looks more like busy-work than something interesting, and I'm not quite sure how my sanity has managed to stay intact having sketched and 'described' features of fossils and rocks for 6 weeks). What can you do though, really - my course isn't difficult or demanding at all so sticking it out seems appropriate right now.

ReputationRep:
    i'm really glad i decided to do history, and i'm loving the stuff i'm learning, but yeah, there are one or two modules which I'm not enjoying as much as the others. Also, I've got sooooooooooo much reading to do - I knew I'd have to read a fair bit when I applied to do history, but I never realised I'd have to do this much!!! While my housemates drink and have fun, I'm stuck in my room trying to finish 40 pages for a single seminar for one module!!!

I like my course, but like yourself OP I hate 1 particular module, ie Modernity and Sociology and unfortunately its compulsory, so i can't even drop it and change to something else.

ReputationRep:
    Love Maths, hated S1 with a passion =-#

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.