Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yay no interview for me
    Quite relieved. Weirdly!
    Kinda annoying in a way but it's understandable considering my as grades :p:

ReputationRep:
    I regret applying to Trinity College. Such a hasty decision!

ReputationRep:
    trinity have a unique interview selection procedure. even with medicine they say they will reject people without interview if they perform poorly on the BMAT (admissions test) whereas other colleges will interview regardless of bmat performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    trinity have a unique interview selection procedure. even with medicine they say they will reject people without interview if they perform poorly on the BMAT (admissions test) whereas other colleges will interview regardless of bmat performance.
    Do you know if that is the same for all other subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubaiyat)
    complete nonsense. i just got an interview with AABbc and 2A*s,3As and 5Bs. and im not CSAS or retaking.
    I must have had some major flaw at some point in my application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    Yay no interview for me
    Quite relieved. Weirdly!
    Kinda annoying in a way but it's understandable considering my as grades :p:
    I got AABD yet still managed to stumble into an interview spot. I just don't know how. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    I must have had some major flaw at some point in my application
    If you read the Peterhouse admissions blog, it says that with economics, they tend to deselect more people than for alot of the otehr subjects. They say the essay you send in must be of a high standard, and that they can deselect people on that basis...obviously I don't know, but maybe your essay wasn't to their standard? I'm just taking a guess here though! I'm sure it was fine...it just seems odd they rejected you before interview! I know a completel bafoon who got an interview at Trinity for Economics last year!

ReputationRep:
    You're headed for Corpus and you read the Peterhouse admissions blog!? :eek: That's very dedicated/informed! I don't think I looked further than the Cambridge website when I went through this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    You're headed for Corpus and you read the Peterhouse admissions blog!? :eek: That's very dedicated/informed! I don't think I looked further than the Cambridge website when I went through this.
    I'm hardcore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    If you read the Peterhouse admissions blog, it says that with economics, they tend to deselect more people than for alot of the otehr subjects. They say the essay you send in must be of a high standard, and that they can deselect people on that basis...obviously I don't know, but maybe your essay wasn't to their standard? I'm just taking a guess here though! I'm sure it was fine...it just seems odd they rejected you before interview! I know a completel bafoon who got an interview at Trinity for Economics last year!
    I didn't have to submit any written work for my college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I got AABD yet still managed to stumble into an interview spot. I just don't know how. :dontknow:
    maybe you had amazing marks in your chosen subject + good written work etc? I only had 267/300 in my chosen subject and my other A was only 243. what college did you go for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    maybe you had amazing marks in your chosen subject + good written work etc? I only had 267/300 in my chosen subject and my other A was only 243. what college did you go for?
    I scraped an A in my chosen subject with 246/300 marks. Maybe mine is a pity interview, lol.

I went for Fitz.

(Original post by Rubaiyat)
    complete nonsense. i just got an interview with AABbc and 2A*s,3As and 5Bs. and im not CSAS or retaking.
    You must have had one smashing personal statement! :eek:

What's CSAS btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    I scraped an A in my chosen subject with 246/300 marks. Maybe mine is a pity interview, lol.

I went for Fitz.

I got 267 and got rejected

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    What's CSAS btw?
    Special Access Scheme for those whose education have been disrupted or disadvantaged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    You must have had one smashing personal statement! :eek:

What's CSAS btw?
    hah. well i hope so. to be honest im not entirely convinced that the invitation wasnt a practical joke

ReputationRep:
    I think they are willing to overlook grades if the personal statement or written work is good.

Does anyone want to speculate whether they consider grades after the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaminedreams)
    I think they are willing to overlook grades if the personal statement or written work is good.

i think youre ranked before interview and then ranked again after. maybe it was oxford that said they scored points on ucas form, submitted work and interview, and then totalled them. something like that, at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dramaminedreams)

I'm pretty sure they won't just ignore grades after the interview.
    Grades will still form an important part of the selection process.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely they continually rank the applicants and take the highest ranked overall candidates to interviews, to straight offers, then offers from pool. Its the fairest way tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.