Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do people who got rejected recieved their decision via post? and did the status on UCAS Track change immediately or after a few days?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe it was answered in this thread, altough someone has already asked so.. has anyone heard of an applicant being sent an offer without an interview? and if so, how often can it happen?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think it very occasionally happens with international students? I've never heard of it happening to a home student though.

It's difficult to say whether you would receive a rejection via post, I wouldnt have thought so, but they've changed and now do most it online, so no one here can really guess. Track is notoriously slow and doesnt usually update until Feb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    I think it very occasionally happens with international students? I've never heard of it happening to a home student though.

It's difficult to say whether you would receive a rejection via post, I wouldnt have thought so, but they've changed and now do most it online, so no one here can really guess. Track is notoriously slow and doesnt usually update until Feb.
    :shock: Really?

I was going to check it on January 2nd, when the letters supposedly go out. Assuming you haven't been pooled, of course.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Track? You'll be wasting your time. They are getting better though, mine updated late March. But it most definitely won't be that early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nina)
    Track? You'll be wasting your time. They are getting better though, mine updated late March. But it most definitely won't be that early.
    Really??? Is that just for Cambridge or generally, because my Manchester offer came through on track 2 weeks before my physical letter. I'll stop obsessively checking it every three seconds if so lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain_cherry_tango)
    Really??? Is that just for Cambridge or generally, because my Manchester offer came through on track 2 weeks before my physical letter. I'll stop obsessively checking it every three seconds if so lol.
    I think it's just cambridge. my manchester offer came through a month before letter, exeter came 3 weeks before letter. Cambridge still haven't updated my rejection.

ReputationRep:
    It is just Cambridge. They're very organised and prompt with communication, so I think they kind of don't bother with Track until the important stuff is done.
    Durham were a bit slower than most other Unies too, because they have their own internal track system.

(just from my experiences)

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview with A*AABBCD at IGCSE.. so grades aren't everything.

I am predicted 43/45 for the IB though.

ReputationRep:
    I also got an interview with A*A*AABBBBBBBD at GCSE and AAACE at AS. Dropped the ACE from AS and picked up a whole A2 (Further Maths) and am predicted AAA. I think that Cambridge will interview people on two main factors, 1) that they can achieve the offer (predicted grades are equivalent to the offer (AAA)) and 2) You have wowed the admission tutors enough with your personal statement.

I only say this as my previous grades aren't great but I am confident that I will achieve the grades they want for my offer, and so they have clearly picked up on my recent improvements and enthusiasm and have offered me an interview

JUST got a rejection (by letter, without an interview) from Newnham college and I'm GUTTED . Guess I might have to reapply next year if I receive three more rejections....

If I got an 'unsuccessful application' from Newnham, do I still get pooled or...? I'm bit confused and wanted to know whether I still have hope:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SomeStudent)
    JUST got a rejection (by letter, without an interview) from Newnham college and I'm GUTTED . Guess I might have to reapply next year if I receive three more rejections....

If I got an 'unsuccessful application' from Newnham, do I still get pooled or...? I'm bit confused and wanted to know whether I still have hope:o:
    Sorry to hear you've been rejected It just makes me even more nervous to hear! Do you have any idea why they might have rejected you?

(Original post by x.beth.x)
    Sorry to hear you've been rejected It just makes me even more nervous to hear! Do you have any idea why they might have rejected you?
    No, they said that if I want a feedback on my decision, I could ask for it, and I WILL! Though I know my GCSE grades weren't fab (due to extenuating circ.)
    Cambridge would have been my first choice...And I was doing practice interviews for it as well!!!:o: Oh well...
    Do you know whether I will be pooled, or is this it???

ReputationRep:
    No, they said that if I want a feedback on my decision, I could ask for it, and I WILL! Though I know my GCSE grades weren't fab (due to extenuating circ.)
    Cambridge would have been my first choice...And I was doing practice interviews for it as well!!!:o: Oh well...
    Do you know whether I will be pooled, or is this it???
    I don't think you can be pooled now. You can only be pooled post interview I think. Did you apply through CSAS then if you had extenuating circumstances?

(Original post by x.beth.x)
    I don't think you can be pooled now. You can only be pooled post interview I think. Did you apply through CSAS then if you had extenuating circumstances?
    Yeah I did... aarghhh, I have to stop thinking about it now, it's done
    Anyway, good luck to you with your application, although I'm sure you won't need it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did... aarghhh, I have to stop thinking about it now, it's done
    Anyway, good luck to you with your application, although I'm sure you won't need it.
    I applied through CSAS and got rejected too. Seems like it's a pointless scheme then. No idea why it's even in place now.

(Original post by Clements-)
    I applied through CSAS and got rejected too. Seems like it's a pointless scheme then. No idea why it's even in place now.
    I know...and the circumstances really affected my grades. Was your predicted grade however better than the actual grades you achieved in AS???
    My predicted grades were way better than the grades I got in AS and I thought that would give the admissions office the right impression of me and what I could achieve. Although the refrence by my tutor was REALLY bad; bad punctuation, spelling mistakes and she even forgot to sign it!!!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    CSAS isn't pointless. It simply gives those assessing you more context.

SomeStudent - in your case it looks as though the reference may have been the problem if what you say is true!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.