The Student Room Group

Scored 2500 in UCAT + SJT band 1, can I still get into Manchester?

I was wanting to apply to Manchester to study medicine, but I scored only 2500 in the UCAT. I am eligible for widening participation because I’m from an area of low progression to higher education and because of the school I go to. I saw that the past stats for the UCAT threshold for Manchester has varied, i think it was 2590 for widening participation students last year but it has been in the 2400s as well I think. There’s also an alternative pathway for those who don’t meet the UCAT threshold and it’s called the ‘holistic assessment/overview’. They look at your overall UCAT score and SJT Band along with things like GCSEs (I got 9 9’s) and I’m predicted three A*’s for A-level. And they also look at whether you have contextual flags and I do, so I’m thinking if I should apply anyway??
Original post by May555
I was wanting to apply to Manchester to study medicine, but I scored only 2500 in the UCAT. I am eligible for widening participation because I’m from an area of low progression to higher education and because of the school I go to. I saw that the past stats for the UCAT threshold for Manchester has varied, i think it was 2590 for widening participation students last year but it has been in the 2400s as well I think. There’s also an alternative pathway for those who don’t meet the UCAT threshold and it’s called the ‘holistic assessment/overview’. They look at your overall UCAT score and SJT Band along with things like GCSEs (I got 9 9’s) and I’m predicted three A*’s for A-level. And they also look at whether you have contextual flags and I do, so I’m thinking if I should apply anyway??

I recommend you look at last year's thread to see what UCAT was needed for WP students, but bear in mind it may increase this year, so if it is 2590, I definitely wouldn't bank on it decreasing by 90 points. You're right about the 'holistic' pathway, but it does seem to be a bit unpredictable so again, I wouldn't bank on it.
Reply 2
Original post by bea_murray0
I recommend you look at last year's thread to see what UCAT was needed for WP students, but bear in mind it may increase this year, so if it is 2590, I definitely wouldn't bank on it decreasing by 90 points. You're right about the 'holistic' pathway, but it does seem to be a bit unpredictable so again, I wouldn't bank on it.

Thankyou

Quick Reply

Latest