The Student Room Group
Many of them are just two or three words, used to link points.
Then it doesn't read very clearly, does it?
nobody could possibly say, without reading it themselves.
Reply 4
necessarily benevolent
Many of them are just two or three words, used to link points.

That's fine then.

30 x 3 = 90.

90 words of quotation in a 1500 word essay is fine.
Reply 5
It's difficult to say without actually reading, but I'd say a little too much.

I'm doing Chaucer at A2 too. What tale are you studying?
The Merchant's Tale
Reply 7
necessarily benevolent
The Merchant's Tale

I'm doing The Nun's Priest's Tale. Such a headache translating it all!
I'd say that was slight overkill. Quoting too much can leave you with less time to tackle the real issues and points arising in the text and this could lead you to getting a lower grade.
Reply 9
i'd say definite over kill, quotations should always be relevant and fully explained
Reply 10
ed_matthews
Ooo T kay, I am doing The Nun's Priest's Tale as well. Are you not getting on well with it? Which edition have you been studying it from? The Oxford Student Text has everything you could ever want to know about the importance of dreams, maistrie, contemporary importance etc. You should definitely pick it up if your edition doesn't explain it very well.

Just read your post now, if you had quoted me I would have replied earlier! :rolleyes:

Yep I am also using the Oxford Student Text, and it is very good in terms of commentaries, interpretations on dreams, free-will and any other theme. It's just a headache actually translating all of it!

I finished translating it about a week ago, but I definitlely need to re-read it as soon as possible to get a good idea of what goes on. I haven't done a proper essay as of yet, might start one in a day or two, best get going seeing as I'm quite behind!

What exam board are you with by the way?

Latest

Trending

Trending