The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Reading Week At Manchester

I’m going into second year this year at manchester and I’m taking chemical Engineering, I was wondering if there is a reading week this year again or if it’s only for first years
Does anyone know if first year environmental science people get reading week and if there are stuff/ exams in that week or in the week after it?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going into second year this year at manchester and I’m taking chemical Engineering, I was wondering if there is a reading week this year again or if it’s only for first years

Original post by sophietaylor6527
Does anyone know if first year environmental science people get reading week and if there are stuff/ exams in that week or in the week after it?

I can't comment specifically per subject, only for Mathematics, but it the answer may comfort you and is possibly university-wide.
There is a "Reading Week" and it is in the first semester only, for everyone! There's normally a test worth 20% of your grade per class, which happens during Reading Week. They're on-campus. You should use this week to catch up on anything you've missed, revise for the tests, or both!

In the second semester, there is no Reading Week. There are still tests either before or after Easter depending on the holiday period. You may even have coursework to complete over the course of the 2 weeks.

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply

Latest