Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

uggs Watch

• View Poll Results: what do you think of REAL uggs?
    love 'em
    39.26%
    hate 'em
    43.56%
    not bothered.
    17.18%

ReputationRep:
    i notice lots of people wearin the fake ones and tbh if i was to buy any i would only buy the proper uggs. hmmmm.

ReputationRep:
    can't stand them... fair enough they might be warm, but there's actual real nice boots out there too
    i don't think they look very nice at all

but hey everyone's got different tastes

lol, save myself some monies for once

(Original post by geordiebabehh)
    i love ugg austrailia's, my boyf getting me some for xmas as if hate my feet being freeeezing x
    im might get me some for christmas tbh

ReputationRep:
    I love my Ugg boots! I got authentic ones for £75 off Ebay, so it pays to look around, as they're twice that on the official site! I find them really comfy though I'm not brave enough to wear them in rain, which is slightly unfortunate as I live in Wales!

ReputationRep:
    I don't hate them, but they're a little boring (and obviously very overpriced). I much prefer those Sugar boots, they're in lots of pretty colours, and designs so you don't look exactly the same as everyone else's. Neither are pretty good for winter, they're not waterproof. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the look of them and the fact that everyone else wears them. Plus theres no way i'd pay £200 for a pair of boots

ReputationRep:
    I would definitley buy real uggs if I could, but they are too overpriced. So I shall contend with fake ones for now. My fake ones are really comfortable & I've been wearing them loads at the moment. I'd love a pair of more stylish black boots [my fakes are black] but I think I would struggle to walk in them.

ReputationRep:
    I think they're ugly as hell, but really wouldn't mind wearing some good quality sheepskin boots for the next few months - it's freezing where I am.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care what they look like- they are the most heavenly, comfortable shoes I own

ReputationRep:
    I have Authentic Uggs but I rarely wear them out because the vast majority of chavs seem to wear the ridiculous mock-up versions of them these days. I think Uggs were stylish before the cheap versions came into the shops because once chavs can get hold of something stylish, they instantly lower the vogue of the product.

ReputationRep:
    Um, a bit too bloody expensive?! Much rather stick to my 15 quid pair from M&S thanks.

And to all those people saying how much they hate them, I was once like you. But then I tried a pair on...and they were so warm and cosy! So I bought some and felt ashamed. But warm and cosy and ashamed :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I submitted the wrong option....I hate them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charrrlotte.ox)
    yeah they're actually £170 over here :P
    I got my latest pair for £57..but then again they were in the sale!

OP - I love them couldn't give a monkeys what other people think of them aslong as my feet are comfortable and warm in winter thats all I care about!

ReputationRep:
    Hate them. Authentics as well as the cheap rip offs.

I don't care how comfy they are - I just think they look ugly for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    There pretty cool, basically people who hate them are the ones that can't afford them

There only like £60 anyway (in America anyway!)

Edit: Find it funny when people wear fake ones :L

ReputationRep:
    I can definitely afford a pair, but I will never buy a pair because those things look ugly as hell. UGGLY as hell!

ReputationRep:
    I love them. Bought some "Just Sheepskin" ones last year from Faith, which were like £100, because they had lace up sides which I liked and didn't want generic ones. But they were rubbish and wouldn't stay up so I ended up just buying normal ones.

I just bought some new ones, and I have flipping tree sap on them! It looks like tar. Any recs as to how I get this off?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by --Dan--)
    There pretty cool, basically people who hate them are the ones that can't afford them

There only like £60 anyway (in America anyway!)

Edit: Find it funny when people wear fake ones :L
    agreed! people who say the're overpriced? so what?! half the stuff you see in every shop in any town is overpriced.

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean Fuggs?
    Only suitable for off days, freezing days or going to the corner shop in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charrrlotte.ox)
    it's because they're crap quality and the backs just collapse. real uggs have support round there so they don't collapse.
    I've seen loads of people in Ugg Australia ones walking on the insides too!

I don't like them at all and I don't see the fascination with them being "real" or not. They look the same, just without a small label on the back!

I've always wondered, don't they get really soggy when it rains? :confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.