The Student Room Group

*URGENT* Geology Transition Work

Hello! I have this work due in for Monday and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about it. I'm a bit lost! This is the question -

*ive deleted the question because it now says i plaguarised the title. i dont really want the teacher to tell me off for my first lesson :smile:
********************************************************************************************************************************************
same for the rest of it!
(edited 1 year ago)
It looks like they are asking you to search for the advances in palaeontology, and then focus on how these new technologies have helped explore dinosaurs better.

Here's a starting point from Smithsonian mag.
Hi, yeah i think i would agree with the previous reply, one cool thing to maybe add was a recent discovery about feathered dinosaurs:
https://www.britannica.com/story/did-dinosaurs-really-have-feathers

Another useful article about new tech in palaeontology:
https://www.bruker.com/en/applications/minerals-mining-and-petrochemical/academic-geoscience-research/sedimentary-geology-and-paleobiology/new-technology-in-paleontology.html

Basically just show off your research skills and try to add lots of interesting images and diagrams
good luck!
Reply 3
Yeah definitely look into how technology advanced and the new ways to relook into fossils. And how they discovered the feathers and estimated the colours.
Reply 4
Thanks so much for your help! I was so lost at the beginning because its quite a broad topic. i've never done geology before!
no worries :smile: yeah it's a bit different with geology cuz it's a subject you've never come across in gcse and stuff but it is very interesting
Reply 6
Yeah, I think my transition work was really broad which over whelmed me. It's worse because there isn't many alevel resources out there so it can be daunting.
Reply 7
Yeah, we have to get the only 2 recent textbooks every been made. I was searching up notes but no one had any. Google asked me if I meant geography :smile: And also everyone thinks that geology is a 'nerds' subject, even though i find it really interesting!
Reply 8
From "A Voyage of Discovery" by Prof. Endersbee

WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 10.19.28.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-02-16 at 10.19.29.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest