The Student Room Group

Interesting places in London

What are some interesting places in London
Don’t really know so would be nice if you guys could drop recommendations for exploring !
Kew Gardens. It's about a half hour from Central London but it's fantastic!
Reply 2
Original post by hyacinth77
Kew Gardens. It's about a half hour from Central London but it's fantastic!

Thank you !
Original post by Puhtaoo
Don’t really know so would be nice if you guys could drop recommendations for exploring !

Science Museum, British Museum & Natural History Museum

Lots of historical places - Tower of London. the Monument, Westminster Cathedral, St Pauls, Houses of Parliament

Madame Tussauds , Lomdon Eye

Lots of parks

Art galleries

What are your interests? https://www.visitlondon.com/
Reply 4
might be a bit basic but the view from primrose hill is something I will never tire of
Westminster Abbey (with Big Ben)
Tower Bridge
London Eye (close to the Westminster Bridge)
Hyde Park
Buckingham Palace
Camden Market/Town (it is said that there are good book shops)
Places around the Thames

And many, many more. When you are in London, you can't do nothing wrong. Sightseeings and in- and outdoor activities are everywhere in that city.
Trafalgar Square
National Art Gallery
Walk along the South Bank (after dark is great for the city views from the bridges).
Globe Theatre (Sheakespear)
Tate Modern Gallery, National Portrait Gallery,
Victoria and Albert Museum (Too many other museums to list - science, natural history, British Museum Great Court is an architectural marvel, Design, British Film Institute, London Transport, National Maritime, Wallace Collection, Charles Dickens, Sherlock Holmes etc. etc)
Covent Garden
Camden Locks and walk along the Regents Canal/little Venice to the refurbished Kings Cross and St Pancras railway terminus and visit Harry Potters platform 9 3/4's.
British Library reading rooms
Stroll through the financial heart and marvel at the architecture
Take in a West End performance in theatre land
Piccadilly Circus,
Leicester Square area
Oxford Street
Bond Street Jewellers
China Town
London Dungeons
HMS Belfast
Climb the roof of the O2 Arena (guided tour)
Greenwich Hill and Royal Observatory with the Greenwich Meridian Line from which all longitudes are referenced
Thames Barrier
Take a ride on the Greenwich air-lift cable car across the Thames
Take a ride on the Docklands Light Railway
Hampstead Heath
Highgate cemetery
Brick Lane
Take a day trip and visit Windsor, Oxford and Stonehenge

Honestly, one could spend all day every day for two months straight and still have only scratched the surface! I confess to having done pretty much all of the above and a lot several times over lol.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Puhtaoo

M&M world shop.
River cruise
Oxford street
Original post by Kallisto
Westminster Abbey (with Big Ben)
Tower Bridge
London Eye (close to the Westminster Bridge)
Hyde Park
Buckingham Palace
Camden Market/Town (it is said that there are good book shops)
Places around the Thames

And many, many more. When you are in London, you can't do nothing wrong. Sightseeings and in- and outdoor activities are everywhere in that city.

Id forgot about camden market.
Its been a while since i went but its good there.
Original post by Emma:-)

If I can, I will definetely be there and look for classic books at the cambden market. :smile:

The Trafalgar Square is a place I would go for a visit too.
Original post by uberteknik
Trafalgar Square
National Art Gallery
Walk along the South Bank (after dark is great for the city views from the bridges).
Globe Theatre (Sheakespear)
Tate Modern Gallery, National Portrait Gallery,
Victoria and Albert Museum (Too many other museums to list - science, natural history, British Museum Great Court is an architectural marvel, Design, British Film Institute, London Transport, National Maritime, Wallace Collection, Charles Dickens, Sherlock Holmes etc. etc)
Covent Garden
Camden Locks and walk along the Regents Canal/little Venice to the refurbished Kings Cross and St Pancras railway terminus and visit Harry Potters platform 9 3/4's.
British Library reading rooms
Stroll through the financial heart and marvel at the architecture
Take in a West End performance in theatre land
Piccadilly Circus,
Leicester Square area
Oxford Street
Bond Street Jewellers
China Town
London Dungeons
HMS Belfast
Climb the roof of the O2 Arena (guided tour)
Greenwich Hill and Royal Observatory with the Greenwich Meridian Line from which all longitudes are referenced
Thames Barrier
Take a ride on the Greenwich air-lift cable car across the Thames
Take a ride on the Docklands Light Railway
Hampstead Heath
Highgate cemetery
Brick Lane
Take a day trip and visit Windsor, Oxford and Stonehenge

Honestly, one could spend all day every day for two months straight and still have only scratched the surface! I confess to having done pretty much all of the above and a lot several times over lol.

You must be pretty often there, I don't know the most places you advised. But you gave me a reminder for the Trafalgar Square, thanks! :smile: I have to go for a trip in this city at least once in my life.
Original post by Kallisto
You must be pretty often there, I don't know the most places you advised. But you gave me a reminder for the Trafalgar Square, thanks! :smile: I have to go for a trip in this city at least once in my life.

I grew up in London (Cricklewood) then moved to Pinner and then Hertfordshire before finally moving out to just outside Tunbridge Wells on the edge of the Ashdown Forest where I commuted daily into London Bridge to work in the financial heart.

Just curiosity, where do you live if you don't mind me asking? 😊
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emma:-)

I like camden market. It is really cool.

Quick Reply

Latest