The Student Room Group

Health Anxiety - STIs

Hi, I know that I'm very much overreacting, but I can't seem to get the thought of getting STIs.

I used a durex condom, but I didn't actually have sex with anyone, I only used it to masturbate. I know that it's very, very unlikely to get STIs from the condom that I've used, especially since I got mine from a package that wasn't torn open, and that was due to expire in 2026. The problem is that I happened to find said condom package wasn't bought by myself, but rather happened to find it in my own room. It's this fact that's been scaring me (and yes I'm pretty aware that it was dumb of me to use the condom without a second thought).

How would you deal with this anxiety?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Yee_hee
Hi, I know that I'm very much overreacting, but I can't seem to get the thought of getting STIs.

I used a durex condom, but I didn't actually have sex with anyone, I only used it to masturbate. I know that it's very, very unlikely to get STIs from the condom that I've used, especially since I got mine from a package that wasn't torn open, and that was due to expire in 2026. The problem is that I happened to find said condom package wasn't bought by myself, but rather happened to find it in my own room. It's this fact that's been scaring me (and yes I'm pretty aware that it was dumb of me to use the condom without a second thought).

How would you deal with this anxiety?

I would deal with this anxiety by researching how people contract STIs and then comparing that to what you actually did.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest