Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm on catered and I would say for self catered.
    You can make as many friends in self catered,it pretty much depends on yourself and how much you want to make friends.and you can eat anytime you want!and you cook whatever you want to eat!

ReputationRep:
    I guess so. I think I'll probably go for self-catered to be honest. If you wanna make friends, you're gonna make friends.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say self catered. Catered food, in my experience has not been very nice. Therefore you go out spending money on food that you will eat instead so it works out expensive.

I might just be fussy but I'd much rather cook for myself as I know exactly what I'm eating.

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in catered halls and absolutely loved it.
    Meal times were social and something I looked forward to. We all planned nights out together at meals and just generally had fun.
    In your first year when you're settling in and getting used to the work and a new way of life it just means one less worry as you don't have to plan your meals or your food budget. And you have your whole life (or the next 2 years) to learn how to cook.. one year of no cooking isn't going to hurt.

And the food isn't all that bad. In fact I would say that I eat better last year in catered halls than I do this year in a flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou_)
    I stayed in catered halls and absolutely loved it.
    Meal times were social and something I looked forward to. We all planned nights out together at meals and just generally had fun.
    In your first year when you're settling in and getting used to the work and a new way of life it just means one less worry as you don't have to plan your meals or your food budget. And you have your whole life (or the next 2 years) to learn how to cook.. one year of no cooking isn't going to hurt.

And the food isn't all that bad. In fact I would say that I eat better last year in catered halls than I do this year in a flat.
    To be fair, I eat anything anyway. I spend too much money on food as it is, without having to try and budget my food bill. Hmmm de hmm.

ReputationRep:
    I think I would die in catered.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.