My PS - strong enough for Bristol? Watch

abbi_louise_whey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I want to do Sociology, and I think it's strong, but I'd like you're opinions.
thatkidd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't post your PS on the public part of a forum. There's a specific sub-forum here if you want an opinion/help. Anyone can steal it now.
apassingfeeling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're only going to get people telling you to post it in the PS forum >_<
Edit: I think it ends a bit abruptly but otherwise sounds fine.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well firstly dont put your PS on here.

I did read throgh it...you're PS sounds like you're trying to be such a smartass (so offence intended)..dont use long overly complicated prose, it only irritates. Cut down on the "technical stuff" and talk more about yourself.
abbi_louise_whey
Rep:
?
I so knew that.
abbi_louise_whey
Rep:
?
I thought Bristol love smart asses - that was the whole point.
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Erm, the quote at the beginning felt a bit cliche. and I thought the ending was a bit weak.
But that's just me as a reader - move it to PS help for some PROPER advice :P
SatSep12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thats brillant, keep this, the quote at the top defines the lengths to which you strived to create this PS. You show determinism and a real liking for this chosen course. Quotes possibly from Durkheim or one of the other founding fathers of Sociology may however bring this PS Up a bit. However, what you have written is excellent and I would not change it.
Y__
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abbi_louise_whey)
I so knew that.
Oh, did you? In that case, the only sensible thing would have been NOT to post this on here. You know that UCAS is running a PS-plagiarism checking program and that it will be rather hard for you to prove that a given sentence/paragraph is yours, should someone steal parts of it.
abbi_louise_whey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Y__)
Oh, did you? In that case, the only sensible thing would have been NOT to post this on here. You know that UCAS is running a PS-plagiarism checking program and that it will be rather hard for you to prove that a given sentence/paragraph is yours, should someone steal parts of it.
Yeah, alright love, new member here.
User188463
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol o dear.
abbi_louise_whey
Rep:
?
Woopsy.
SatSep12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Abbi the best thing to do is to go to your careers teacher, but i would advise you to look at the comments and then delete this thread immediately...
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I thought Bristol love smart asses - that was the whole point.
Bristol likes smart people. They those who aren't clever but try to give the impression that they are. I'd try and avoid giving that impression...
abbi_louise_whey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
Bristol likes smart people. They those who aren't clever but try to give the impression that they are. I'd try and avoid giving that impression...
Thats the thing, I'm not trying to give an impression - this is what I'VE written, it's come straight from me.

And how do you delete a thread? Meh.
Danielisew
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would get this topic deleted too in case the admissions find it and think you stole it :P
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thats the thing, I'm not trying to give an impression - this is what I'VE written, it's come straight from me.

And how do you delete a thread? Meh.
no I realise that, but using all these really technical words can give off that impression. You should really be saying why you want to study the course rather than talk about it in such detail. Your PS is supposed to describe your ambition and passion for the subject, not the subject itself.
abbi_louise_whey
Rep:
?
(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
no I realise that, but using all these really technical words can give off that impression. You should really be saying why you want to study the course rather than talk about it in such detail. Your PS is supposed to describe your ambition and passion for the subject, not the subject itself.
Hmmm, I get what you're saying. I've sent it off now, so I guess I'll have to let them decide whether I'm a smart ass or not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (75)
27.68%
No (196)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed