Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im a BTEC student in health and soical care, I get top grades , Next year I am thinking of applying to do a premedical year for Medicine.Do i have a fair chance?My course is equivalent to three As at A-level , So what do you think?

I think despite my experence in healthcare , they wouldnt accept me on the basis of snobbery.On most of the websites it says for Btec I would need DDM and im going to get DDD, So i figure alongside my qualifications and experence, Ive ether got a good shot or no hope at all.

heres what i got plus my Btec and few lvl 2 and lvl 1 qulifcations that I CBA to put down.

english C

Biology predicted A

Maths C

Ive got experence in.

Nursing homes

Residental homes

nursing auxliary

schools

and learning disablity

I will have hospital experence

in Radiograpthy ( hopefully )
    Pharmacy
    and hopefully I will shadow a doctor somewhen.

Have i got a good shot guys? or aim i just setting myself up for failure?Next few days I think im gonna email a few universitys.

ReputationRep:
    email the med schools. the end.

ReputationRep:
    yeah bit of stupid post really.Will do.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/c...e-requirements

Newcastle will accept DDD with a science-related BTEC. Dunno if nursing is science-related.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 14, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.