Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to chemical engineering and got an interview? The UCAS says mine was 'unsuccessful' straight away and I feel rejected...In fact I am :mad: I feel bad.
    What kind of AS unit marks do you need for Chemical Engineering in Imperial? They are so picky:confused:
    I'm doing 6 A levels including general studies and they all relevant to the subject I choose to do. and I got 5A and 1B in AS level

ReputationRep:
    Err, luck of the draw I guess. Maybe it's worth calling them up and asking them.

ReputationRep:
    Ye i got an letter today through the post for the 26th November! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. Make sure you wear a T shirt underneath whatever you are also wearing so that you can take off your winter clothes, Peter Speldt keeps his office unbearably hot.

ReputationRep:
    How are the lecturers/admissions tutors are they scary :O or nice

ReputationRep:
    Most lecturers are nice. Depends who you get of course.
    @pingy maybe your personal statement was terrible?

ReputationRep:
    i also got an interview on the 26th. do they ask any technical questions?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkid)
    i also got an interview on the 26th. do they ask any technical questions?.
    yes for 54th ******* time they do and will ask technical questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master Polhem)
    yes for 54th ******* time they do and will ask technical questions.
    Love people that are rude over the internet. Go **** urself lol

ReputationRep:
    how technical do mean? A level Stuff?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dvorak)
    pingy maybe your personal statement was terrible?
    I mentioned that I attended Smallpeice Engineering course, Regular reader of New Scientist, Qualified British Mathematics Olympiad (got Senior Maths Challenge Gold Award), Have completed Duke of Edinburgh Silver Award and Currently doing Gold; Helping in Oxfam...etc
    I tried to call them and they said I need to sent them an e-mail, so I did and no replies so far

ReputationRep:
    Ur Reference from school?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bit rude that the person that started this thread got rejected and people come in here rejoicing about their interviews, you could at least answer her question first Like Peanutbutterjellytime.

Pingy the only reason I think you were rejected was maybe because of your personal statement, maybe it wasn't that strong. Imperial get lots of peole with excellent grades like that, so an excellent personal statement and reference should go with your grades (which are very good) in order for you to really stand out. Otherwise you shouldn't have any trouble getting in anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    sorry OP it was rud eof me. I kinda feel bad for you i had grades that were worse than yours at gcse and also AS. Maybe they made an error dunno what to say really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkid)
    Love people that are rude over the internet. Go **** urself lol
    Clearly you are new to this forum for I have been insulting people over the internet, on this forum, since 2006 and am unlike yourself in no disposition whatsoever for making this bold attempt to belittle people and their online alter egos - I am here and I hate you all.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you are new to this forum for I have been insulting people over the internet, on this forum, since 2006 and am unlike yourself in no disposition whatsoever for making this bold attempt to belittle people and their online alter egos - I am here and I hate you all.
    Brilliant and classic Master Polhem, god how I've missed this forum.

ReputationRep:
    Oh well thanks for the advices everyone. After all I got Cambridge interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pingy)
    Oh well thanks for the advices everyone. After all I got Cambridge interview.
    nice one all the best i really hope you get in there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IChem)
    Brilliant and classic Master Polhem, god how I've missed this forum.
    Join TeaSoc.

ReputationRep:
    Join TeaSoc.
    TeaSoc?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.