Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do girls find attractive about boys? Watch

ReputationRep:
    when i see a girl the first thing i do is look at their arse, then the face, hair etc, i was just wondering what a girl does and looks at/for when she first sets eyes on a boy and how to tell if she likes what she sees.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CockSnot)
    when i see a girl the first thing i do is look at their arse, then the face, hair etc, i was just wondering what a girl does and looks at/for when she first sets eyes on a boy and how to tell if she likes what she sees.........
    Nothing.:tumble:

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is a big factor I think (Not that I'm claiming to be a girl!)

ReputationRep:
    wow, don't you have some priorities.
    I look at eyes, teeth/smile, hair, dress sense. Chest hair if I can see any (don't want to get a gorilla surprise or anything). But that stuff gets weighed up in like two seconds. As long as they're not an absolute minger, I'm more bothered about how the conversation pans out over the first two minutes.

And disgusting username btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    wow, don't you have some priorities.
    I look at eyes, teeth/smile, hair, dress sense. Chest hair if I can see any (don't want to get a gorilla surprise or anything). But that stuff gets weighed up in like two seconds. As long as they're not an absolute minger, I'm more bothered about how the conversation pans out over the first two minutes.
    Hahaha. Yeah right. So you're not bothered about looks even though you mention "eyes, teeth/smile, hair, dress sense" first?

ReputationRep:
    Eyes and smile for me, actually.
    Also, I take in the general feel I get from a guy. I love confidence but hate arrogance.
    Personally, you seem a bit shallow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomm)
    Hahaha. Yeah right. So you're not bothered about looks even though you mention "eyes, teeth/smile, hair, dress sense" first?

Erm, because the OP asked, so yeh. I'm not exactly going to close my eyes till I bump into a guy and then start talking to him. You can't totally avoid looks, but I wouldn't say that they are that important to me in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    I always look at the face first, unless I've noticed them for exceptional beauty in other ways! But for me it's face, then chest/shoulders/arms, then arse and legs :p:

I like nice hands, and like the chest/shoulders/arms they should be big but not overly chunky :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Personally, you seem a bit shallow.
    From an internet forum post?!?!

ReputationRep:
    hairhairhairhairhair. nose. idk why bottom half e.g jeans then eyes.

ReputationRep:
    cocksnot-what a name :laughing:
    girls dont know what they want- cant ever make up their mind:p:

ReputationRep:
    just because i dont think this is meant to be about what girls look for in terms of personality im going to say what physically aspects i look at....

good eyes and smile, nice longish hair, body size (i dont like guys that dwarf me) thats the main bits really but i think its mainly the hair i look for.

ReputationRep:
    Hair, face, then it's personal style. If he's not 'alternative' looking, my glances move swiftly on.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'm not one to look at a girls' arse before her face, OP. But if it works for you, then okay.

I'll say it as well, you have a very strange username.

ReputationRep:
    I don't, until I've actually talked to them/ been around them for a while and know their personality.

I remember watching a program once, that said men spend longer checking out women than vice versa. They also put some kind of goggles on some participants, who were in a room filled with the opposite sex, and it shows whereabouts they were looking, and for how long. Women "checked out" things like arse in less than a second, and men took several seconds. Apparently men also turn their heads more, whereas women side-glance.

Just thought that was vaguely interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Star*Guitar*)
    Erm, because the OP asked, so yeh. I'm not exactly going to close my eyes till I bump into a guy and then start talking to him. You can't totally avoid looks, but I wouldn't say that they are that important to me in the long run.
    Yeah, okay. But your implication that somehow the OP was shallow just because he can appreciate a fine arse when he sees one was a bit rich. Liking someone's eyes is no more deep and meaningful than liking someone's rear end.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I don't, until I've actually talked to them/ been around them for a while and know their personality.

I remember watching a program once, that said men spend longer checking out women than vice versa. They also put some kind of goggles on some participants, who were in a room filled with the opposite sex, and it shows whereabouts they were looking, and for how long. Women "checked out" things like arse in less than a second, and men took several seconds. Apparently men also turn their heads more, whereas women side-glance.

Just thought that was vaguely interesting.
    Yes, this is because women apparently have better peripheral vision than men. Men can only really focus on something and pay attention to it if they move their eyes to point that way!

ReputationRep:
    GIRLS ARE PRETTY SHALLOW.
    BOYS ARE SHALLOWER

CASE CLOSED
    (im a boy btw)

ReputationRep:
    to answer the OP's question i look at hair first. then smile.
    then conversation is a must, a guy HAS to be funny.
    i dont really judge on appearances but i do like decent hair and smile!!
    or mainly my boyfriend

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.