The Student Room Group

Back & posture problems - Been having for years!

Every since I was in yr 8 (2016) i have managed to have some back problems. My muscles feel tensed all the time and my neck is slanted and my posture been f***ed. I don't know what to do or how to fix it. I am going to uni soon and don't want to look like the hunchback of notre damn, someone help!
Got a photo
Reply 2
Speaking from my own experience, my back problems in my early twenties were caused by being weak as f***. My muscles were literally too weak for every day life thing like standing up straight. I would try to hold good posture but it hurt after like a minute. Building muscle and getting stronger fixed this permanently. Sure, some people do genuienly have spinal issues, but my non-professional opinion is that the majority of people can fix or at least significantly improve back problems by just getting stronger so that supporting your body is super easy for your muscles.
Original post by Kyri
Speaking from my own experience, my back problems in my early twenties were caused by being weak as f***. My muscles were literally too weak for every day life thing like standing up straight. I would try to hold good posture but it hurt after like a minute. Building muscle and getting stronger fixed this permanently. Sure, some people do genuienly have spinal issues, but my non-professional opinion is that the majority of people can fix or at least significantly improve back problems by just getting stronger so that supporting your body is super easy for your muscles.

This and improving flexibility helps too

Quick Reply

Latest