Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey people

So I'm going to UCL on the 25th of November to attend my interview. Would you guys have any advice of how to prepare, what to wear and what to expect. Btw for current students, do you have any idea who will interview me, is there any info on the site or should i just ring them up?

thx!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry. It means you're in and they've already worked out an offer (at least that's what they said when i had my interview last year) if you've been invited for a physics interview. Just enjoy the day and enjoy meeting the ledgend that is Stan Zochowski

ReputationRep:
    If you've been offered an interview , essentially, you have the place. The only reason the interview is there is for you to see the place properly (and hence help you make the decision). After all, it's in everyone's best interests that you like the place. Without an interview you may come to UCL and be like "Actually, I don't like it here...". By inviting you for a tour and talks with 2nd/3/4 years (really useful) it gives you a chance to see if UCL is for you.

What to wear? Wear what you feel comfortable in. I came in casual trainers, jeans and a fleece jacket. As long as its not crazy you'll be fine.

What to expect? Be okay with your calculus and be okay with anything *you* mentioned on your personal statement. They will only throw at you what you give them.

Stan-the-man doesn't do admissions anymore . Stan was awesome last year - before your interview you'd do physics experiments - so much FUN! (playing around with liquid nitrogen...amazing!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marshmallows)
    Stan-the-man doesn't do admissions anymore . Stan was awesome last year - before your interview you'd do physics experiments - so much FUN! (playing around with liquid nitrogen...amazing!)
    Oh that's rubbish, who does admissions now? and why is our mechanics homework so hard?

ReputationRep:
    lol thx guys

ReputationRep:
    I've just been offered an interview for Physics at UCL too, this topic has made me a lot more at ease with the whole thing so thanks all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mateyface)
    Oh that's rubbish, who does admissions now? and why is our mechanics homework so hard?
    *Apparently* because Fisher isn't the one writing them. I think I overheard someone say that the professor who used to do it before wrote all these problem sheets (and he's retiring this year). Perhaps if that old guy taught us we'd have more of a clue.

The maths problem sheets are pretty easy, its just mechanics.

ReputationRep:
    how'd it go??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.