Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It looked awesome when I visited the uni on Tuesday, is it as good as it looks?

ReputationRep:
    No one at Birmingham either? Devo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbi_louise_whey)
    It looked awesome when I visited the uni on Tuesday, is it as good as it looks?
    Well it depends what you use it for but yes, it's generally very good.

ReputationRep:
    It definitely is. I work there and this year over 400 people applied for about 100 positions so it really is the place to be. Its great in every respect!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, depends. As a place, its lovely. For a night out, Im not so sure...

ReputationRep:
    The guild is a bit of a joke I think.. You asking about joes/fab or the actual guild of students?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It's particularly good if you happen to vote Labour.

ReputationRep:
    For drinking on Club 1.50 nights its good, saw the vale fireworks followed by the guild to warm up and see mini me from austin powers. I enjoyed it.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but the way the guild operates as an organization may, at times, be "annoying".

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the nightlife at the guild is anything to write home about, but it has some useful places.. like Subway :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Nights out are crap, apart from Club 150, when they get celeb guests in. Last fortnight it was mini me from Austin Powers. It's usually radio 1 djs though.
    The facilities at the guild are good though

ReputationRep:
    but most importantly, it has the liver bashing festival of binge drinking called Fab n fresh on saturdays

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about that Underground club thing and Joes?

ReputationRep:
    joes is okay place for a drink and sit down with mates, underground was confusing at first to me, but its just place for the societies and clubs etc. The guild is my favourite as it has subway :laughing:

ReputationRep:
    I work in the guild... i like working there...it pays ok, i get the holidays off and i work with loverly people. However other than that im not the biggest fan...fab is rubbbbbish...ive been to other union nights where u actually feel like your out in bar/club as opposed to just wandering round the guild...as i do when im working!

ReputationRep:
    Subway~ its the best place on campus

And the common room upstairs is pretty good it you wanna take a nap :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gaomeister)
    Subway~ its the best place on campus

And the common room upstairs is pretty good it you wanna take a nap :yes:
    you would say that :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    you would say that :p:

It's true though...if your in the common room and theres a guy slumped on one of the sofas, theres a high likelyhood its me

ReputationRep:
    The guild, both as an organisation and as building i.e. joes/underground, is rubbish.

I used to be part of the resexec and the resexec/guild council meetings that I've attended in the past are absolutely useless and pointless. I thought it would be a rewarding experience, but it wasn't. To be quite frank, there are too much tossers within the organisation.

I've never been a fan of events in the guild either. Fab'n'fresh is absolutely rubbish.

For a university as big and prestigious as Birmingham, you would expect to have a better student union. Based from my experience, it is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Those least suited for a position are usually those who harbour the greatest aspirations for such a position

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.