Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do children have a better future under Labour? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Please discuss

ReputationRep:
    id say its to early really to say, im an early nineties baby, and personally, i wouldnt really want to be 10 years younger. Jamie Oliver, forcing people to stay on, changing the A levels and GCSEs .... also, i think its important to remember that there are things which would have to have been dealt with by any government. Terrorism, Global recession, global warming ...

I guess we'll just have 2 wait and see really

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be better than living in Britain under Thatcher and Major during the mid 1980s and early 1990s.

ReputationRep:
    Labour wreck the economy, thus making things worse for parents, thus making things worse for children.

ReputationRep:
    labour isnt really that bad, if your in power, your going to get criticised whether you do well or poorly, whether its in your control or not, comes with the territory.

These young tories are in for a big shock if Dave wins a term or two. Still, it's human nature to learn stuff the hard way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    These young tories are in for a big shock if Dave wins a term or two. Still, it's human nature to learn stuff the hard way.
    agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Yes because they don't have to work as they are guarenteed benifits and are allowed to do whatever they want and get off scott-free.

As opposed to what?

ReputationRep:
    People just like criticising whoever is in power. They fail to notice that they account for the population - who are ultimately in charge of what happens. Parent well and your kids will have a good future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by numb3rb0y)
    As opposed to what?
    The Conservatives.

(Original post by Darkest Knight)
    The Conservatives.
    Looking at the big picture, in terms of current policy they're nearly identical. There wouldn't be enough to make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely believe that New labour have made a mockery of the education system, and seeing as that is one of the major elements of a child's life, I'd say that Labour are not good for children.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, under a Labour government promiscuity and decadence and encouraged by the state along with laziness meaning why cases like Baby P are all to common because of the broken society we leave in.

ReputationRep:
    No. Quite the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Which children?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    Nope, under a Labour government promiscuity and decadence and encouraged by the state along with laziness meaning why cases like Baby P are all to common because of the broken society we leave in.
    Are you after an Orwellian society then? That sure will fix everything...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    "Libertarian Society of TSR" presumably he isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Quite the opposite, I'm very anti-state but you must take a Lockean view to stop babies getting beaten up by their father who was probably high or drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tory Dan)
    Quite the opposite, I'm very anti-state but you must take a Lockean view to stop babies getting beaten up by their father who was probably high or drunk.
    How about just going for straight eugenics. You know that you want to...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.