Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    *shrugs*

Unusual, but if he can have a baby he can have a baby.

I'm curious as to what his mindset is - giving birth is a VERY female thing, and most transsexual people want to pull away from the things that make them their birth sex.

(Original post by Blátönn)
    She has two X chromosomes and is therefore a woman. Chop your tits off, grow a beard, shave your head - doesn't matter still a woman.
    Just let people be who they want to be already. Even if you don't agree that he is biologicaly male, as he has XX, what evidence do you have that gender is fixed at birth or must correspond to biological sex? Contrary to popular belief, sex and gender are NOT the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Because he is a woman, biologically speaking. He got pregnant the same way a normal woman would.
    I understand that part, but did he use donor sperm or something?

ReputationRep:
    neg Man pregnant with secon... 14-11-2008 12:49 Take your broody ways away from TSR. All these pregnancy threads are nauseating.

ReputationRep:
    You can wrap it up with a ribbon but it's still a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Why? Let's look at the facts: She was born a woman, that can't change. She currently has a vagina, that can't change. She has a womb. She is pregnant. What makes her a man?
    He's legally a man, he identifies a man, his gender is male, and I disagree with the idea that a person with a penis = a man or a person with a vagina = a woman. He wasa woman. Was. In the past tense. To insist on referring to him as a "she" in blatant disregard for his own gender identity is pretty rude and transphobic.

If you suddenly woke up and found that you had breasts and a vagina, would you think of yourself as a woman? I doubt it. Gender and biological sex are not the same thing.

(Original post by Gourdman)
    What if someone had a terrible accident and lost their penis? Would they be exiled from the gender?
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't understand why a responsible surgeon would do a sex change op on someone who says I'd like to keep my womb, so I can have kids." Well you don't really want to be a man then do you!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robbo3045)
    This person has the organs of a woman. Therfore technically he is a she. But physically she is a he. I odnt know why people are so suprised about it. Men cant get pregnant.
    technically there are people with both sex organs(and bits), both of them. MAny just dont find out till they r dead(or discected, or cut open etc)

ReputationRep:
    dont call it a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    I just don't understand why a responsible surgeon would do a sex change op on someone who says I'd like to keep my womb, so I can have kids." Well you don't really want to be a man then do you!?
    agreed, lol :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by βored)
    Lol, isn't that an episode of house? :p:
    Is it? I don't watch house, I don't own a telly!

But it's a real thing :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, good luck to him and his partner

ReputationRep:
    He is a disgrace to mandem.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, who is the 'father' then? A sperm donor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    dont call it a man
    Why the hell do you find him so offensive? Does the very idea of a transexual disgust you so much that you can't even bring yourself to refer to them with a personal pronoun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Em-)
    He is a man. Legally, socially and personally, he is a man.
    Sure, but biologically a woman, and that's the only important thing where pregnancy is concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bysshe)
    If you suddenly woke up and found that you had breasts and a vagina, would you think of yourself as a woman? I doubt it. Gender and biological sex are not the same thing.
    Without considering how on earth that would happen...

If you were to wake up with female organs/genitals you could call yourself a bloody mongoose, it wouldn't make a difference... You would be a woman.

How on earth can you even consider the person in the article NOT a woman?

Female genitals + female internal organs + distinct lack of penis + the fact that she is pregnant = WOMAN!

It doesn't matter how she "identifies" herself... I could identify myself as Czar Nicholas II if I truly wanted to, has no bearing on the fact it's a complete farce.

Just an important note: I have no problems with transexualism, if someone doesn't like their sex they can do everything within their power to change it, I don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bysshe)
    He's legally a man, he identifies a man, his gender is male, and I disagree with the idea that a person with a penis = a man or a person with a vagina = a woman. He wasa woman. Was. In the past tense. To insist on referring to him as a "she" in blatant disregard for his own gender identity is pretty rude and transphobic.

As true as that all is, he is still physiologically female, so I don't understand why he's whoring out his pregnancies to the media so much. From what I know, the transsexual community as a whole are really pissed off with the sensationalist way he's handling things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quadruple_twist)
    As true as that all is, he is still physiologically female, so I don't understand why he's whoring out his pregnancies to the media so much. From what I know, the transsexual community as a whole are really pissed off with the sensationalist way he's handling things.
    I never said I agreed with the way he was seeking all the media attention, and I don't think it deserves to be such a huge story in the news, either. What I object to is so many people acting like he's a freak.

ReputationRep:
    I hereby declare that I am a dolphin, I demand that you all recognise me as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverwolfalpha)
    technically there are people with both sex organs(and bits), both of them. MAny just dont find out till they r dead(or discected, or cut open etc)
    They may do. But they dont get pregnant because it doesent all work.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.