Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Those who have done it, when did you start revising for the January exam and then for the May/June exam?

Also, and tips for the ISA-style practical coursework?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how easily you reckon you can absorb the knowledge. I just did past papers for about 2-3weeks before hand and just missed the A in the first module, same for the June ones and got an A.

ReputationRep:
    i spent about 4 days total revision.

about 6 hours for 3 days and 8 hours the day before the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I got a U in AS Biology. Go me, and damn World of Warcraft. But that's all in the past now :-[

ReputationRep:
    I went through/re-did my notes in November/December and then I did 2 hours revision a day over the Christmas break (but that wasn't all biology as I had 4 exams in January).

Got a B.

ReputationRep:
    different people learn in different ways. but for me i learnt AS bio from the text book in about 6 days. i knew it back to front after that 'session'

ReputationRep:
    I'd suggest an hour or two a day you really don't wanna burn yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    My biology exam in may/june too (i think). I have done much yet either...I think i'll start revising properly in Jan/Feb...Does anyone think that is too late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keith_Dave)
    My biology exam in may/june too (i think). I have done much yet either...I think i'll start revising properly in Jan/Feb...Does anyone think that is too late?
    depends how stupid you are.

if you are stupid then you will need to start now. if you are smart you will need to start a few weeks before the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)

if you are stupid then you will need to start now. if you are smart you will need to start a few weeks before the exam
    This statement makes you stupid.

Intelligence isn't restricted to academic learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ejit)
    This statement makes you stupid.

Intelligence isn't restricted to academic learning.
    in the context of what im saying, my use of stupid works perfectly well

put your debate about intelligence elsewhere. where someone might give a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean87)

That's not true at all. Beginning now means you want to start sooner rather than later, it doesn't mean that you're stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss__this_x)
    That's not true at all. Beginning now means you want to start sooner rather than later, it doesn't mean that you're stupid.
    Not to 'take sides' but... he's not claiming that if you start at x time you have x intelligence, he's saying if you have x intelligence you may need to start at x time.

Anyhow for the Jan exams I did 2 days of revision before the exam for about 6 hours each day and didn't drop any marks on the test (dropped 5 UMS on the coursework lmao) but I seriously don't recommended this kind of blitz revision, I just had a late realisation of how stupid I was being throwing away my AS levels by not doing any revision like I did with my gcses.

For the summer exams I was the opposite, as organised as I could be, and started my revision way beforehand (I think it was the before the easter hols), not touching past papers until the week or so leading up to the exams, where I did as many past papers as I could (and make sure you have the mark schemes). This method was a lot better than the lucky escape method I had in Jan lol.

But it all depends what works best for you really.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 17, 2008
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.