The Student Room Group

Geography NEA

I’ve been trying to think of an idea for my NEA over the summer but have no clue. I was thinking of glaciation as I’ve got field work coming up where we are going to a relict landscape. Does anyone have any ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Ge055
I’ve been trying to think of an idea for my NEA over the summer but have no clue. I was thinking of glaciation as I’ve got field work coming up where we are going to a relict landscape. Does anyone have any ideas?

Heyy, Mabye something to do with erosion of the landscape, movement of ice sheets, focusing on different deposits, how climate change changed the landscape etc?
I did glaciation aswell for my OCR Geography NEA. Mine was on what current glacial deposits showed about past glacial environments within my local area. So if your looking for any help feel free to ask.
Reply 2
If I did erosion of the landscape would that be looking at the different features of erosion (the landforms created).
Reply 3
Original post by Anonoo
Heyy, Mabye something to do with erosion of the landscape, movement of ice sheets, focusing on different deposits, how climate change changed the landscape etc?
I did glaciation aswell for my OCR Geography NEA. Mine was on what current glacial deposits showed about past glacial environments within my local area. So if your looking for any help feel free to ask.

Hey yeah I’ve just been struggling to get think of sub questions so any any with that would be much appreciated
Reply 4
Original post by Ge055
If I did erosion of the landscape would that be looking at the different features of erosion (the landforms created).

yeah, that one might be a bit difficult to do, its definitely possible if you live or have access to a more rural area. With this topic you'd be looking at the different deposition, historical information on the area so you can understand when and how the erosion happened. This topic is mostly dependent on the area you study, otherwise it can be difficult to have any new data you can go out and collect.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonoo
yeah, that one might be a bit difficult to do, its definitely possible if you live or have access to a more rural area. With this topic you'd be looking at the different deposition, historical information on the area so you can understand when and how the erosion happened. This topic is mostly dependent on the area you study, otherwise it can be difficult to have any new data you can go out and collect.

For me i collected data at a quarry, are you in year 12 btw?
Reply 6
Original post by Anonoo
For me i collected data at a quarry, are you in year 12 btw?

I’m in year 13
Reply 7
Original post by Anonoo

I’ve got a 3 day trip in the Lake District with college so that’s when any data will mostly be collected. Writing the project isn’t a problem I just want to know the questions I have to research/answer
Reply 8
Original post by Ge055
I’ve got a 3 day trip in the Lake District with college so that’s when any data will mostly be collected. Writing the project isn’t a problem I just want to know the questions I have to research/answer

oh okay thats perfect, as there are a variety of different landfroms. I guess you could look at how past glaciation have the landscape, but if your doing OCR i pretty sure you have the LD as a case study already so try and make your project different than what you would find in a textbook. You could speak about climate change (natural and the human) as say how it has changed erosion and deposition. Idk you may be able to base your project off of the glacial trough. There are so many landforms to choose from and what you can say about them. What exactly is your tittle? And are you looking for help with subquestions?

Quick Reply

Latest