Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys approaching when drunk/tipsy Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    People don't only drink to seem attractive or confident! I get drunk a lot, and I'm not 'on the pull' - I just like the feeling. I'm saying you guys are making too many assumptions about this blokes intentions, I doubt he was maliciousy trying to deceive anybody.
    No one is saying anything about malicious deception all the OP is saying is that guys who get drunk to talk to girls (of which there is a sizeable majority) are not attractive. The post is not directed at people who just want to get drunk

But either way drunk people (male or female) are not attractive anyway

ReputationRep:
    He just happened to be drunk when you first encountered him, OP. It doesn't mean he was getting drunk and looking for people like yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicky Nitro)
    I'm not confident with girls when sober or drunk. By that I mean asking them out and so on, I'm fine with them as mates or just having a chat or a laugh or something.

When I'm sober there's no chance of me asking a girl out and from past experience I have realised never to tell a girl if I fancy/have a crush on her if we see each other a lot because it's just awkward for me whenever I see her then and that in turn makes it awkward for her.

When drunk, well I suppose I mention things to my mates about whether I like a girl or not but I don't think they mention it again, there was a time I'd ask a girl out if I was drunk and I actually knew her and fancied her, which was embarrassing when I saw her again when I was sober, but those days have long gone now. But yeah, I'd never ask a girl I just met out or really flirt at all. I never "hit" on girls on night outs or anything but then again I'm one of the ones who prefers to sit in a pub or bar with my mates having a chat and a few beers for the night rather than going to a club, dancing around and flirting.

So in conclusion really, I think I'll be single for a very long time lol.
    Last part was funny. Dont look at girls as potential girlfriends to begin with just be friendly and it will go on from there. That is how my close male friends have snared their girlfriends

ReputationRep:
    Just because the OP thinks it's sexy to act confidently without the use of alcohol it doesn't mean that all girls do and that it should be a general rule for guys. Some girls may find over-confidence unattractive as they may come across as arrogant, to each their own, so stop trying to dictate to us how we should approach women.

ReputationRep:
    The fact is for every girl who would reject you for been too drunk in a club, there are probably 10 more who would happily sleep with you regardless of what state you are in when you approach them. Whenever I have gone 'out on the pull' (God I hate that expression) I have had pretty similar success rates sober and drunk(although one side-effect of being drunk is a significant slip in standards!!).

ReputationRep:
    I'm a regular drunk, and it does give me more confidence chatting up girls, but only when I don't know them. If he gets to know you he'll probably be fine and wont need to be drunk to speak to you properly.

ReputationRep:
    fair enough guys don't get drunk to specifically approach girls, but why do they have to act so weird the next day when sober? it's very irritating grr

ReputationRep:
    probably b'cos they can't remember if they've done anything stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    No one is saying anything about malicious deception all the OP is saying is that guys who get drunk to talk to girls (of which there is a sizeable majority) are not attractive. The post is not directed at people who just want to get drunk

But either way drunk people (male or female) are not attractive anyway
    And tis_me_lord appears to be saying that the OP doesn't have enough knowledge about the bloke in question to reach such a conclusion about him. She is implying that he got drunk to talk to her, which isn't necessarily true. I fully agree with tis_me_lord. OP is coming across as one of those idiots who thinks their judge of character is incredible when really it's pretty rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rokit)
    Last part was funny. Dont look at girls as potential girlfriends to begin with just be friendly and it will go on from there. That is how my close male friends have snared their girlfriends
    Thanks Rokit!

And yup that wasn't really a last line of me feeling sorry for myself incase anyone thought that, it was more an attempt at humour but I do think it sometimes too, but at the moment I'm just happy being single anyways!

Thanks for the little bit of advice though, I think that's the problem sometimes though, people look for a potential girlfriend or boyfriend and then develop a crush and then when you get to know them they might not be who you thought they were or they might be even nicer than you thought they were which makes things worse either way. Then there's the "friend zone" I've heard a bit about from some guys but that's a whole other story. To sum it up it's when you make friends with a potential girlfriend or boyfriend but then they see you as a mate and don't want to ruin the friendship by going out with you.

I think that if it's meant to be it'll just end up happening anyway.

totally agree

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    ahhaha yeah
    guys ACTUALLY look at me when they're drunk AND find me attractive.
    when they're sober.. no
    I'm not sure if I believe you there :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markinnon)
    I'm not sure if I believe you there :p:
    It's trueeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    It's trueeeeee!
    If you say so :o: you wouldn't lie to me would you? You look rather nice if I may say so though

ReputationRep:
    If you say so :o: you wouldn't lie to me would you? You look rather nice if I may say so though
    I lie to everyone. I'm actually a 59 year old man, with a beard, trying to seduce these "students" in a room.
    and aw, thanks. :blush:

ReputationRep:
    I lie to everyone. I'm actually a 59 year old man, with a beard, trying to seduce these "students" in a room.
    and aw, thanks. :blush:
    If that's true then can I still retract my previous statement? :p: or are you lying again?! my brain just burst and my socks blew off

ReputationRep:
    If that's true then can I still retract my previous statement? :p: or are you lying again?! my brain just burst and my socks blew off
    Hahahahaha
    Of all the things that could fly off..
    it's your socks.
    Urgh I better go to bed. 7 hours sleep now. Wheeey :|

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahaha
    Of all the things that could fly off..
    it's your socks.
    Urgh I better go to bed. 7 hours sleep now. Wheeey :|
    they mainly flew off because I kicked them off for the purposes of bed getting into. I also feel your pain, 9 O'clock's are not fun, but I'll be finished by 11 :yep: The only problem I have is that one of my housemates drank all my bloody milk, so I guess it's eggy bread for breakfast tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    they mainly flew off because I kicked them off for the purposes of bed getting into. I also feel your pain, 9 O'clock's are not fun, but I'll be finished by 11 :yep: The only problem I have is that one of my housemates drank all my bloody milk, so I guess it's eggy bread for breakfast tomorrow.
    My milk had frozen yesterday... I attempted to pour some milk over my cereal and it came out in icy lumps. It was distressing...

ReputationRep:
    I dont think I even had breakfast yesterday...or lunch

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.