Turn on thread page Beta

Guys approaching when drunk/tipsy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I think people might be worried about talking to people when sober, because they realise that judgemental ****s like the OP are around!

There are many reasons he may have found it difficult to talk to you. Even if it was shyness, he has no obligation to give you a riviting conversation. People can't really help being naturally quiet. Maybe he likes to get drunk, and the confidence is a side-effect of that rather than him getting drunk purely for confiedence.

I can't believe the responses here agreeing with the OP. People agree with anything someone else tells them. If someone made a thread saying "this girl got angry with me, because she said hi and I was a bit shy and couldn't think what to say" I'm sure the responses would be "ohhh forget that *****, some people are just quiet, its ok, be yourself mate."

OP if you only like confident guys then good for you, go and speak to confident guys. I don't think we really need to hear about how much you dislike quiet people (yeah I am fairly quiet myself) - I am perfectly capable of coming out of my shell once I know people well, but until then I find it uncomfortable to have the attention on me, I just don't like it. I think your problem isn't that you have this opinion, which is fair enough - but that you feel the need to dictate it to everyone and demand certain behaviour from other people. That is not your place, you should let people behave how they want to, live and let live. Basically get your thumb out of your ass and stop judging people so harshly.
    here here:congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markinnon)
    I dont think I even had breakfast yesterday...or lunch
    :O.
    kerazzy ;]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    ahhaha yeah
    guys ACTUALLY look at me when they're drunk AND find me attractive.
    when they're sober.. no
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by motorhead)
    :rofl:
    :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiaSiaSia)
    :P
    sorry it's just that I found the reply to be funny

ReputationRep:
    OP:

I generally find that girls aren't really interested in the same things that I am interested in. So it helps to get a bit drunk and just talk at them, and they also become more interesting when you've had a drink.

Also, after said drunken conversation you would probably be under the impression that the guy is cool or whatever, so there's a degree of pressure for your sober conversation the following day. This is compounded by the fact that you're probably going to have a boring conversation anyway ( or at least a conversation that the male would typically perceive as boring).

With regards to the club thing, when guys glance at you and don't act upon it:

Clubs are a rather predatory atmosphere, and thus girls expect to be approached and there's a large proportion of them that don't want to be approached. So this can make for a volatile evening for chaps if they approach women and get shot down, it's hardly puts you in a good mood. So some just stare but don't act, because it's not really rational to try.

ReputationRep:
    You are probably just intimidating, or this guy is like madly in love with you

ReputationRep:
    One thing I would be worried about if they approached me drunk would be that they would find me gross/unattractive the next time they met me in the harsh glare of day or something!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.