The Student Room Group

out of spec content A level biology essay

Hello,
I need to write an essay on" the importance of proteins" and I am planning on using these topics :

enzymes catalyse reactions and cellular chemistry - including enzymes in DNA replication
structural proteins which give form and shape to biological structures
- proteins that act as hormones (such as insulin and glucagon) to regulate specific processes
- membrane transport proteins
haemoglobin and myoglobin to facilitate oxygen transport
- antibodies to fight infection
rhodopsin and iodopsin - visual pigments
- rubisco - the enzyme catalysing carbon fixation

Does anyone have any degree-level links or articles I can use to talk about any of these topics?
if anyone has written this essay can you please give me some advice?
Thank you.
Original post by Saaskar
Hello,
I need to write an essay on" the importance of proteins" and I am planning on using these topics :

enzymes catalyse reactions and cellular chemistry - including enzymes in DNA replication
structural proteins which give form and shape to biological structures
- proteins that act as hormones (such as insulin and glucagon) to regulate specific processes
- membrane transport proteins
haemoglobin and myoglobin to facilitate oxygen transport
- antibodies to fight infection
rhodopsin and iodopsin - visual pigments
- rubisco - the enzyme catalysing carbon fixation

Does anyone have any degree-level links or articles I can use to talk about any of these topics?
if anyone has written this essay can you please give me some advice?
Thank you.

Hi when I did mine I wrote about the ETC and LDR. Include the role of electron carrier proteins on the inner membrane which is to oxidise the NADH/FADH ...How the protons move through ATP synthase a transmembrane protein and how the ADP+Pi-->ATP reaction and how the protons catalyse the reaction and how without the proteins being present the mitochondria can't produce ATP meaning aerobic respiration could then not occur as a result.
Just an idea if you need any help
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by anon25x
Hi when I did mine I wrote about the ETC and LDR. Include the role of electron carrier proteins on the inner membrane which is to oxidise the NADH/FADH ...How the protons move through ATP synthase a transmembrane protein and how the ADP+Pi-->ATP reaction and how the protons catalyse the reaction and how without the proteins being present the mitochondria can't produce ATP meaning aerobic respiration could then not occur as a result.
Just an idea if you need any help

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending