The Student Room Group

ELQ rules

I have a foundation degree in Aeronautical Engineering which I study distance learning and used student finance (I’ve now paid off fully). Unfortunately my health has changed and I need to change careers.
I’m struggling to find a list of subjects that I could study as a second degree preferably full time that I would be able to get a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for. I believe AHP degrees count but is there a definitive list of subjects so I can explore my options. Thank you.
Original post by Steve940
I have a foundation degree in Aeronautical Engineering which I study distance learning and used student finance (I’ve now paid off fully). Unfortunately my health has changed and I need to change careers.
I’m struggling to find a list of subjects that I could study as a second degree preferably full time that I would be able to get a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for. I believe AHP degrees count but is there a definitive list of subjects so I can explore my options. Thank you.

Hi there,

If you want to study full-time, the following courses are exception courses:

- Chiropody
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Therapy
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Midwifery (degree & diploma level)
- Nursing (degree & diploma level)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (degree & diploma level)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics & Orthoctics
- Radiotherapy
- Radiography
- Speech & Language Therapy

Thanks,
Kristina
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Kristina
Hi there,

If you want to study full-time, the following courses are exception courses:

- Chiropody
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Therapy
- Dietetics and Nutrition
- Midwifery (degree & diploma level)
- Nursing (degree & diploma level)
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Department Practice (degree & diploma level)
- Orthoptics
- Physiotherapy
- Podiatry
- Prosthetics & Orthoctics
- Radiotherapy
- Radiography
- Speech & Language Therapy

Thanks,
Kristina

Thank you greatly.
What are the options if I study part time ?
Reply 3
I read STEM subjects can be exemptions if studied part time. What is the rationale for these subjects attracting funding part time but not full time ?
Would BSC (Hons) Computer Science, studied part time at Lincoln College be an exemption ? Would I be able to receive the tuition fee loan and a maintenance loan for the full 6 years it would take to complete it part time ?
https://www.lincolncollege.ac.uk/courses/bsc-hons-computer-science-part-time
I read STEM subjects can be exemptions if studied part time. What is the rationale for these subjects attracting funding part time but not full time ?
Would BSC (Hons) Computer Science, studied part time at Lincoln College be an exemption ? Would I be able to receive the tuition fee loan and a maintenance loan for the full 6 years it would take to complete it part time ?
https://www.lincolncollege.ac.uk/courses/bsc-hons-computer-science-part-time

Hi Steve,

Checking the course on system it shows its a 3 year part time course?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 5
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Steve,

Checking the course on system it shows its a 3 year part time course?

Thanks,
Claire

Claire,

It’s definitely 6 years. I’ve spoken to the tutor today. https://enrolments.lincolncollege.ac.uk/webenrolment.aspx?page=~/webcontrols/coursedisplay.ascx&CourseInformationID=10947

Could the fault lie with how Lincoln College have submitted the info to yourselves ???

If it’s confirmed 6 years would I be eligible for tuition fee and maintenance loan funding, as above would it be exempt from the prior study rules because it’s a part time STEM subject?

Thank you greatly.
Claire,

It’s definitely 6 years. I’ve spoken to the tutor today. https://enrolments.lincolncollege.ac.uk/webenrolment.aspx?page=~/webcontrols/coursedisplay.ascx&CourseInformationID=10947

Could the fault lie with how Lincoln College have submitted the info to yourselves ???

If it’s confirmed 6 years would I be eligible for tuition fee and maintenance loan funding, as above would it be exempt from the prior study rules because it’s a part time STEM subject?

Thank you greatly.

Hi Steve,

The 6 years is the part time equivalent which is correct and is considered an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. You just need to apply for this on your account.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 7
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Steve,

The 6 years is the part time equivalent which is correct and is considered an exception to previous study and equal level qualification rules. You just need to apply for this on your account.

Thanks, Clare

Student finance application created and I’ve been accepted onto the course. Thank you greatly for your help.
Student finance application created and I’ve been accepted onto the course. Thank you greatly for your help.

Hi Steve,

That's great, we're glad to hear this - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending