Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, I have said some stuff on the internet about something in my past that is very private and personal and isn't something that anybody (in real life or anything) knows about me.

I didn't say it directly but I am worried now that people know this thing that has been a great source of shame and depression for me for years.

Is there anything I can do?

ReputationRep:
    what did you say?

:P

of course my first thought is to say something along the lines of "its your own fault".

my second thought wants you to tell me what it is.

and my third thought thinks "sorry to hear that, hopefully people wont pick up on it and you could always just post as anon forever?"

im one of those that don mind talkin bout my private life to anyone. if they ask me something, why should i lie?
    it doesnt bother me really even though sometimes im quite shy

I can't even bear to say it to be honest, I felt very provoked and I am completely gutted now. This is something that was very very private and personal. I feel bad enough that people could connect it with an online image of me but I feel sick at the prospect that anyone in real life could find out. There are some sick people online, I don't know how far they would go in attacking someone.

I have calmed down from the initial anger but I am so upset right now.

This incident reminds me why I can't trust anyone. I can't believe that after all this time I let my guard down. I have had a really bad week and now this

ReputationRep:
    the internet is a big place

I know but these people will have been able to get information about me and a photo.

I can't go there anymore anyway.

I feel sick knowing that people know about this. I know this sounds cryptic but if you knew what it was you would understand.

I have been in counsellors' offices before in tears on the verge of divulging this but I never have done... I can't believe a cheap shot online made me lose my guard.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way you could delete it to prevent other people from reading it?

I don't know - it was in a modded chat thing that was logged.

I'm gonna see if I can contact the mod and get it deleted.

Even still, there will be people who know

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should delete that account aswell.

Thats what I'm trying to do know - I've wiped the profile already

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.