Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the thing is though, intelligent people can fail those tests if they dont revise for them, so its good that they offer second chances

i've done seriously about 30 verbal tests earlier on this year when applying for my placement year, so I feel quite confident when it comes to passing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    I got an email from SEO a few hours ago. They said that I they think I didnt reach my level of ability on the tests. However, they really like my application and are going to give me the opportunity for a retest! 2nd time lucky!
    well done! Are you by any chance from an unprivileged school? At Oxbridge? Doing Econ? Trying to tally the reason behind it, a friend of mine with the profile above was given a second chance too!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys...I just hope I can do better next time..

(Original post by Epicurus)
    well done! Are you by any chance from an unprivileged school? At Oxbridge? Doing Econ? Trying to tally the reason behind it, a friend of mine with the profile above was given a second chance too!
    And to answer you...its actually a NO to all the above..

Maybe its because I was on the first year program? Maybe its because I went out last summer and got a considerable amount of work experienced and worked hard on my application to polish it to the max? Maybe I made a good impression with the stagg when meeting them on the day of the numeracy test? who knows...

ReputationRep:
    Yup, lucky dude. Don't mess up your second chance.

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone who is given a second chance at numerical test will probably have a very high chance of securing a place at the AC considering they like you guys so much....

man, im jealous here... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forté)
    Got to admit thats somewhat unprofessional on their part though. What am i supposed to think if i fail the test, and i get airpie from them? In fact there seems to be flaws throughout the entire system. I know of people sending off 2 page cv's and getting another opportunity to send the single one off after. And surely its illegal in this day and age to demand a photograph to go alongside any form of job application? What on earth could they possibly use the photos for, that couldnt possibly result in discrimination of one form or another? And then as if that wasnt bad enough they extend the deadline twice! Fair enough they may have wanted more apps, but a second time?

I think it has the right intentions at heart, but dont seem to be going about it the right way. Should I be offered a place, i'll be sure to point out these flaws to them in any case
    I don't think you've quite grasped what this charity is about

ReputationRep:
    Positive discrimination all the way lads!

I'm morally against it, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to use it, or anything else that will give me an advantage for that matter. Jumping on the bandwagon baby.

Besides, who honestly feels that the white middle-class is under-respresented in the city? .

ReputationRep:
    hey nimiza, im comin to the training day as well, have u already dun ur Numerical test, if yes, have u already got an AC date? coz they sent me like a "maybe u have got it maybe not" email so i was wondering if u got the same

ReputationRep:
    I got invited to the training day too but will unable attend as I am out of the country. Have fun guys.

ReputationRep:
    For everyone who has had interviews and such, when did you submit your applications?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muby88)
    hey nimiza, im comin to the training day as well, have u already dun ur Numerical test, if yes, have u already got an AC date? coz they sent me like a "maybe u have got it maybe not" email so i was wondering if u got the same
    No I'm in exactly the same position as you. I did my numerical test, then they said that I've passed and that I am short listed, but not confirmed on the final round interviews.

Also, to the earlier question, I sent my application off in late October if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    i sent mine on the 24 november i think

ReputationRep:
    People who were invited to training...how do you think you did in the tests? Im doing a retest so im trying to figure out the pass mark...

Anything would be helpful to give me an idea. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I answered around 30/35 questions with around 90% accurracy and I passed.

My friend only answered around 22-23 and he also passed... i think the pass mark is probably 20/35 but this is just a guess...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    I answered around 30/35 questions with around 90% accurracy and I passed.

My friend only answered around 22-23 and he also passed... i think the pass mark is probably 20/35 but this is just a guess...
    was the test SHL? Did it say SHL on the paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone been invited to the training event, without having done any tests?

ReputationRep:
    I heard a rumour that they don't just look for the highest mark in the test: they look for accuracy. i.e. It's better to answer 30 and get them all right than rush through 35 and get 5 wrong.

Just a rumour though, but it sort of makes sense that they want people who quickly work through problems accurately, without guessing.

ReputationRep:
    Hey does this mean we get told the results of our numerical test straight afterwards?

ReputationRep:
    No they just email you a couple of weeks later telling you if you've passed or not.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.