Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you book a time slot for the numeracy test or are you meant to be there for the full time? On my invite it says from 9 - 11 and be there at least 20 mins early. Does it mean I have to be there at 8.30??

ReputationRep:
    ...well clearly (by the fact that they've already allocated 9-11) you don't book a time slot,

and no, 'be there 20 mins earlier' means you have to be there at 8.40, not 8.30.

...although i suppose it wouldnt do any harm!

ReputationRep:
    Numerical on the 12th. Can't attend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strictly Business)
    Numerical on the 12th. Can't attend.
    Fill in the survey, they may be able to reschedule a different interview for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HALe)
    Fill in the survey, they may be able to reschedule a different interview for you.
    Already done so. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strictly Business)
    Already done so. :yy:
    did you call them to reschedule or did they do it via the online survey thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty89)
    I think they explicitly say in the email that you should not call them for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty89)
    What HALe said. They explicitly ask you not to contact them in any way apart from the online survey (there's a section at the bottom where you can give your reason), and then they'll try to re-schedule your test for another time.

ReputationRep:
    Check your emails guys!!!!!! I got my assessment centre date just now, 16th Jan

ReputationRep:
    Awesome. Got it too. See you there crystal.

ReputationRep:
    Boom ting, got my one rescheduled to the 12th \o/ Anyone else on that date from here that wants to hold my hand? Hopefully there's no networking balls, in and out and we're done.

ReputationRep:
    Dude its 5 hours long. I'm pretty sure your networking will be tested to the max.

Re-scheduled to the 12th? I wonder how many they're holding.

I'm pretty lucky I got invited for the 16th since I have an exam on the 12th, 14th and 15th, then the 24th lol. Couldn't have got a better date.

ReputationRep:
    11:00-13:00 is two hours last time I checked. You've got me questioning my numerical ability now, you swine. 30 minutes for them to reiterate the instructions and 90 minutes to do the test sounds reasonable. It also only states 'you may meet some bank representatives' as the reason for the dress code so hopefully that bullet can be dodged.

EDIT: I know of three so far, 9th, 12th and 16th.

ReputationRep:
    Oh serious misunderstanding. You're talking about the numerical test, I'm talking about the assessment centre.

ReputationRep:
    I got 79% for test last year and got an offer in the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimiza)
    Oh serious misunderstanding. You're talking about the numerical test, I'm talking about the assessment centre.
    You have got invite to the AC already?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    You have got invite to the AC already?
    Yeh, got it today, scheduled for the 16th Jan.

Took the numerical test on the 4th Dec, was told I passed the numerical test on the 23rd Dec and in the same email invited to the training day on the 9th Jan.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what the pass mark is for the numerical?

and are the online shl tests good enough to practice for the 'harder' paper based tests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Haine)
    11:00-13:00 is two hours last time I checked. You've got me questioning my numerical ability now, you swine. 30 minutes for them to reiterate the instructions and 90 minutes to do the test sounds reasonable. It also only states 'you may meet some bank representatives' as the reason for the dress code so hopefully that bullet can be dodged.

EDIT: I know of three so far, 9th, 12th and 16th.
    90 minutes? Do you know how many questions to expect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigaking)
    anyone know what the pass mark is for the numerical?

and are the online shl tests good enough to practice for the 'harder' paper based tests
    have a go on the efinancialcareers tests - slightly more tedious and trickier.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.