Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    did anyone go to the numerical test today? what was the standard of applicants like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    No I haven't... they said 2-3 weeks anyway. How did you find it?
    Standard stuff. Think it went quite well, but only time will tell whether it actually did.

Which session were you in? Morning or afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimiza)
    Standard stuff. Think it went quite well, but only time will tell whether it actually did.

Which session were you in? Morning or afternoon?
    Yeah I thought it was quite standard too. One of my easier interviews. I was in the morning session.

ReputationRep:
    "What are the credit considerations for opening a garden centre in london" plzzzzzzzzz help, i dont even kno wot they mean by credit consideration

ReputationRep:
    hey

1 Have people heard back who did the numeracy test last week?

2 What determines what specific bank you intern at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muby88)
    "What are the credit considerations for opening a garden centre in london" plzzzzzzzzz help, i dont even kno wot they mean by credit consideration
    I think they are talking about how you would raise finance for running a garden centre in London.. and maybe you could refer to the current credit crunch and what it means for smaller businesses... but what is this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzzz88)
    yea it went alrite....wasnt too bad...i did abt 30 questions.....but the prog test was a bit better...it was actually much better than the numerical test...how abt urss??
    Well mine went decent too. Did around 32 of them but I did guessed 3-4 out of them. Dont know what is the passing % for them. Programming was actually easy.. Fingers crossed.. By when latest can we expect their reply as they said our AC will be on 27th Jan..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muby88)
    hey,
    ok what you need to look at is the current market conditions and the fact that there is a lot less liquidity out there.

depending on their cash flows they may find it hard to raise finance for their daily costs etc. and as a result they cant buy stock, pay employees etc.
    now you want to explain why they cant do this. for this you need to explore things like banks are not taking on as much risk now with lending money. you need to throw in there that the BoE, although lowering interest rates to try to encourage banks to lend to small firms etc, will not be able to control things on through monetary policy as easy. and you could bring up a discussion like although in theory it will work, technically it wont because banks are watching their credit risk.

credit risk is the risk of the counterparty (i.e. the small business) defaulting (going bankrupt) and the way that banks look at the probability of this is through cash flows, investment/debt ratios, debt quality etc.

also the people who run SEO are not just regular HR, they are smart people who used to work for BB, so i would expect that they expect yo hear some pertty technical stuff. and with the credit crunch, i think that you can talk for ver about loans and interest rates. but hope that helps.x
    PS: now im late for lecture lol :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ripulagarwal)
    Well mine went decent too. Did around 32 of them but I did guessed 3-4 out of them. Dont know what is the passing % for them. Programming was actually easy.. Fingers crossed.. By when latest can we expect their reply as they said our AC will be on 27th Jan..
    well yea the AC's are on the 27th n i think on th 10th.....so they shud be callin us this week or next week essentially .....fingers crossed!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supreme101)
    PM
    Supreme101, did you hear back already?!

ReputationRep:
    well yea the AC's are on the 27th n i think on th 10th.....so they shud be callin us this week or next week essentially .....fingers crossed!!!!!!
    Yup... Esentially they should be replying to us by tomorrow(23rd) the maxiumum if the AC on 27th is for us... Cant really predict how much time they take for these... But i guess i did met you abdul in UBS that day.. r u the 1 doin who alredy is doin placement with LLoyds or the 1 who was sitting in the middle front table in the test..

ReputationRep:
    Yup... Esentially they should be replying to us by tomorrow(23rd) the maxiumum if the AC on 27th is for us... Cant really predict how much time they take for these... But i guess i did met you abdul in UBS that day.. r u the 1 doin who alredy is doin placement with LLoyds or the 1 who was sitting in the middle front table in the test..
    guess u have a gud memory....yeah i was the one siting int he middle front table.....and secondly i wud like to say i have a real bad memory......so an intro might help..

Thirdly just recieved an email frm Divya inviting me to the AC on te 27th....she said she will confirm the venue and time on the 26th a day before......

did u get any email from her?

ReputationRep:
    guess u have a gud memory....yeah i was the one siting int he middle front table.....and secondly i wud like to say i have a real bad memory......so an intro might help..

Thirdly just recieved an email frm Divya inviting me to the AC on te 27th....she said she will confirm the venue and time on the 26th a day before......

What is this for? IBD? Sales and Trading? Programming?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epicurus)
    What is this for? IBD? Sales and Trading? Programming?
    its for technology and programming!....

well now that i have recieved this invite....i would like to ask some of the seo alumnis to giv me some help at this point if they can becuase i am a bit confused abt the technical interview......there are two interviews as told to me one is competency and the other one is a technical based!!!....i need some help on the later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asattar9)
    I think they are talking about how you would raise finance for running a garden centre in London.. and maybe you could refer to the current credit crunch and what it means for smaller businesses... but what is this for?
    it is a question on the seo interview preparation site for IBD i think, can be found on there website, thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    hey,
    ok what you need to look at is the current market conditions and the fact that there is a lot less liquidity out there.

depending on their cash flows they may find it hard to raise finance for their daily costs etc. and as a result they cant buy stock, pay employees etc.
    now you want to explain why they cant do this. for this you need to explore things like banks are not taking on as much risk now with lending money. you need to throw in there that the BoE, although lowering interest rates to try to encourage banks to lend to small firms etc, will not be able to control things on through monetary policy as easy. and you could bring up a discussion like although in theory it will work, technically it wont because banks are watching their credit risk.

credit risk is the risk of the counterparty (i.e. the small business) defaulting (going bankrupt) and the way that banks look at the probability of this is through cash flows, investment/debt ratios, debt quality etc.

also the people who run SEO are not just regular HR, they are smart people who used to work for BB, so i would expect that they expect yo hear some pertty technical stuff. and with the credit crunch, i think that you can talk for ver about loans and interest rates. but hope that helps.x
    PS: now im late for lecture lol :o:
    thankyouu soo much, i've got my interview tomorrow, verryyy scared lol hopefully u got ur lecture notes from a friend

ReputationRep:
    Hey dudes, any ones got AC inv for 30th Jan? Also did anyone have the technical questions with Capital Markets? It would be great if any of you can gimme some hints on this. Many thks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iownworld)
    Hey dudes, any ones got AC inv for 30th Jan? Also did anyone have the technical questions with Capital Markets? It would be great if any of you can gimme some hints on this. Many thks.
    :ditto:
    I need that too.

ReputationRep:

No luck mate.. btw hw many out of 30 u think u did right... just wondering the average marks... dont knw if dere is stil hpe fr further replies frm dem fr our programming test batch... gr8 to knw u gt into though.. just go thru ur existing technical base and CV... dey ll probe u frm tht..
    nd m ripul frm sheff. university...
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    No luck mate.. btw hw many out of 30 u think u did right... just wondering the average marks... dont knw if dere is stil hpe fr further replies frm dem fr our programming test batch... gr8 to knw u gt into though.. just go thru ur existing technical base and CV... dey ll probe u frm tht..
    nd m ripul frm sheff. university...
    cheers
    thats alrite man dont worry....keep your hopes high..they still hav another AC..hope you get into that one!

and abt the interview divya also mailed me a list of possible questions that they might ask....its long list.....but the problem is most of the technical questions are based on Java, i have nevr done java....ive only done C++....so im stuck with a big problem!!!!! :confused:

well i was concentrating on gettin more right, rather than getting more done...so i think i might have done 1 or 2 wrong...but im sure most of them were right!!!....cuz to be honest...i was skipping all the harder ones and did all the easier oness....

well anyways gud luck again mate!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.