Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UglyDuckling)
    This Friday is the last AC for capital market.
    Hey, what makes you say it is the last one? I heard that there were 3more capital market ACs including the one on friday..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    Hey, what makes you say it is the last one? I heard that there were 3more capital market ACs including the one on friday..
    Oh really? That's weird. I received e-mail last week saying this Friday is the last AC for capital market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UglyDuckling)
    Oh really? That's weird. I received e-mail last week saying this Friday is the last AC for capital market.
    You're probably right. The person I spoke to must have got it wrong. Thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wicked88)
    Were you interviewed by people from the division you applied for or were they from other divisions?
    Generally they try and put you with someone from your divisions but I've heard of markets applicants getting IBD interviewers. At the end of the day you won't have enough technical knowledge for it to make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    You're probably right. The person I spoke to must have got it wrong. Thanks for letting me know
    I'm not so sure though. You could be right. In the survey form, the options were sales, trading, structuring, research or others. I think it could be for anyone whose first (or second) choice is Capital market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iownworld)
    I know that if those banks already rejected you, then you will become ineligible. But if they don't, do I still stand a chance to be accepted through SEO?
    Ive been rejected by 3 of the 10 sponsor banks directly though they were all final round; does this mean that my chances with seo are nought? I also have an offer but not with an seo sponsor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epicurus)
    Ive been rejected by 3 of the 10 sponsor banks directly though they were all final round; does this mean that my chances with seo are nought? I also have an offer but not with an seo sponsor.
    wel ur chances with those banks again through SEO are zero, but that doesnt mean ur chances with seo are slim......as long as you hav told 'em of the rejections they try to get u in some other of their partners!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know anything about IBD? I kept hearing capital markets and tech here but no IBD ACs.

I guess they weren't kidding when they said they have small number of places for IBD compared to capital markets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    Anyone know anything about IBD? I kept hearing capital markets and tech here but no IBD ACs.

I guess they weren't kidding when they said they have small number of places for IBD compared to capital markets.
    Yeah i think your right!

Also in that email did they say something like "due to the high number of...we cannot guarantee an AC for you" or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, they did say that.

ReputationRep:
    Well they lied about contacting us by mid january. hopefully they were lying about not being able to guarantee a place for us!

ReputationRep:
    I know that one IBD AC has happened already.... I heard that they are having one more. Likely to be next week or the week after.

ReputationRep:
    theres a ibd one on the 6 feb

i really hope i get selected for it, i've been holding back phoning them as well

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them which says ive been shortlisted for IBD AC on the 6th and asking to confirm whether I can attend. email about 2 hours ago.

ReputationRep:
    I got an email from them which says ive been shortlisted for IBD AC on the 6th and asking to confirm whether I can attend. email about 2 hours ago.
    Do you reckon everyone was shortlisted for the 6th?

Or did someone here definitely get a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drive like june)
    Do you reckon everyone was shortlisted for the 6th?

Or did someone here definitely get a place?
    well they said that there was a very strong chance that you would get an ac if you were available for the date.

ReputationRep:
    well they said that there was a very strong chance that you would get an ac if you were available for the date.
    No I meant I was wondering if anyone wasn't shortlisted, but rather received an AC for sure.

ReputationRep:
    i've been shortlisted for fri 6th. i think tues is a little late for them to confirm whether we are actually given a place at the AC or not.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for this this week. Look forward to getting no reply from these ****'s too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    I applied for this this week. Look forward to getting no reply from these ****'s too.
    The deadline was about 6 weeks ago I think. They're in the advanced stages of recruitment so it's foolish expecting anything from SEO.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.