Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimiza)
    Was given strong positive feedback but not placed high on preference ordering. They're trying to get cap markets interviewers in on fri, so I might be down at the AC aswell.
    your post was very confusing. Do you mean for a repeat interview? And did they actually tell you that you were not placed high on preference ordering. Please explain further.

ReputationRep:
    im really confused - if we havnt yet been invited for assessment day after the tests does this mean we are rejeected?

do they bother letting people who didnt make it through know? any more assessment centres for research/structuring divisions?

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by Nimiza
    Was given strong positive feedback but not placed high on preference ordering. They're trying to get cap markets interviewers in on fri, so I might be down at the AC aswell.

do you mind clarifying wat u meant? its kina vague and confusing. so you had an interview and they gave you that feedback, but they've given you another chance to attend another AC..is that what you meant?

ReputationRep:
    When did you hear back Nimiza? I remember I had my AC the same day as yours and I am yet to hear back. I have heard of people already getting offers from SEO as well as people getting rejected..

ReputationRep:
    i haven't heard anything

but i'm assuming rejection at this stage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets go turtles!)
    i haven't heard anything

but i'm assuming rejection at this stage
    why let yourself down?!?!?!....keep ur hopes high....not many have heard back....that doesnt necessarily mean a rejection.!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    When did you hear back Nimiza? I remember I had my AC the same day as yours and I am yet to hear back. I have heard of people already getting offers from SEO as well as people getting rejected..
    what division are they getting accepted/rejected from?

ReputationRep:
    I know one guy got called up by his assessor from Barcap saying that he was impressed and that he should be hearing back from SEO shortly...That was for IBD.
    I know a guy who was rejected for Trading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzzz88)
    why let yourself down?!?!?!....keep ur hopes high....not many have heard back....that doesnt necessarily mean a rejection.!
    well friday is the LAST AC apparently lol so it's pretty much a done deal

i dont think i did badly in my numerical testing, plus my CV was pretty strong, did a spring internship last year, did seo fast track

thought i'd at least get to the ac lol oh well

at least i have a 2 back up plans by sheer luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets go turtles!)
    well friday is the LAST AC apparently lol so it's pretty much a done deal

i dont think i did badly in my numerical testing, plus my CV was pretty strong, did a spring internship last year, did seo fast track

thought i'd at least get to the ac lol oh well

at least i have a 2 back up plans by sheer luck

oh really so u were an seo fasttrack...so was i ...i was lucky enough to get an AC.....

atleast you have back-ups, wat are they?...mind if i ask?

ReputationRep:
    oh really so u were an seo fasttrack...so was i ...i was lucky enough to get an AC.....

atleast you have back-ups, wat are they?...mind if i ask?
    well i'm on a placement year in a big firm that does corporate insolvencies/administrations etc, so i can extend and have plenty of work to do in the summer

i know a guy who knows one of the directors of a very very large energy trading company, and i've already passed on my cv, so i'm pinning my hopes mainly in that

ReputationRep:
    has any one had the tech aptitude test? how much programming knowledge should one have if they go for a tech ac? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigaking)
    has any one had the tech aptitude test? how much programming knowledge should one have if they go for a tech ac? thanks
    the tech programin test is really easy...... you do not need to have any programing knowledge tbh its bascially more on how logically you think.

lemme giv u an example, they will giv you like their own programing language, they will describe a couple of functions for e.g add, subtract, div, multiply.....you will hav to use these operators to solve a simple maths equation

in essence you jus hav to write the steps in which the programe wil proceed to perform the operation required.

hence it is really easy.......i had mine finished half an hour before the finishing time... ....so no need to worry about it...concentrate on the numerical test.

btw wen do you hav your test?....as far as i know they hav finished taking tests!

gud luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    the tech programin test is really easy...... you do not need to have any programing knowledge tbh its bascially more on how logically you think.

lemme giv u an example, they will giv you like their own programing language, they will describe a couple of functions for e.g add, subtract, div, multiply.....you will hav to use these operators to solve a simple maths equation

in essence you jus hav to write the steps in which the programe wil proceed to perform the operation required.

hence it is really easy.......i had mine finished half an hour before the finishing time... ....so no need to worry about it...concentrate on the numerical test.

btw wen do you hav your test?....as far as i know they hav finished taking tests!

gud luck anyway!
    thanks for your reply.

Its on fri 6th.

I originally applied for ibd, but they have told me that I can be put forward for the tech programme. But i have very limited knowldge of programming. I am studying maths. I do know a fair amount about the role but will i have a real chance of getting a place if I dont know any programming languages above a basic level?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your reply.

Its on fri 6th.

I originally applied for ibd, but they have told me that I can be put forward for the tech programme. But i have very limited knowldge of programming. I am studying maths. I do know a fair amount about the role but will i have a real chance of getting a place if I dont know any programming languages above a basic level?
    to be very honest with you...i am in the same shoes as you...i dunno much abt programming beyond the basics....but we might stand a chance for the business analyst roles.....

if you hav ur test on the 6th, then you'll be gettin an invite for the tech AC which is either on the 10th or the 14th...im not sure....but they told us that they only had 2 AC's for tech and the first one was on the 27th jan.

so gud luck once again.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for your reply.

Its on fri 6th.

do you mean your programming test or ac is on friday?

ReputationRep:
    Do people know whether the longer you have to wait for a response after an ac...the more it looks like your going to get rejected?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I had one AC, but wasn't placed highly in preference ordering for some reason, despite me getting a "yes" and a "definite yes" from my interviewers. As such they're trying to get me back in to improve my chances.

I have no idea if length of reply is good or bad.

ReputationRep:
    Thats weird, surely if you got a definite yes, then you would get an offer...whats the need for another interview?!

ReputationRep:
    You're right, thats weird but may be they take into account what Univesity you're from and things like that. Do you mind me asking what Uni you're from Nimiza?

I think perhaps preference is given to students from the top Uni's, even if the feedback may not be as great as other students from lower ranking Unis.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.