Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they said that they will start contacting us by the end of November.

ReputationRep:
    I was the careers fair, and the lady at SEO said, if you pass their numerical test, you dont have to sit all the rest of the numerial test for all the 15 banks etc.

But how would a bank like HSBC know this, because they gave me a numerical test?

ReputationRep:
    you only do one numerical test with SEO and this applies to 10 banks but this separate to whatever recruitment the banks might do themselves.

i.e. just because you've passed a numerical with seo, doesnt mean if u apply to hsbc not through seo you dont have to do their numericals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federer Rulz)
    I was the careers fair, and the lady at SEO said, if you pass their numerical test, you dont have to sit all the rest of the numerial test for all the 15 banks etc.

But how would a bank like HSBC know this, because they gave me a numerical test?
    If you get into the SEO you won't have to do anything at all ... just shift through hundreds of offers that will be coming your way very soon. Also, look out for bottles of Moet, tins of caviar, and bundles of gold, frankincense and mirth that banks will bestow upon you as they try to meet their "equal opportunity" quota - it's no lie that they simply adore SEO kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    If you get into the SEO you won't have to do anything at all ... just shift through hundreds of offers that will be coming your way very soon. Also, look out for bottles of Moet, tins of caviar, and bundles of gold, frankincense and mirth that banks will bestow upon you as they try to meet their "equal opportunity" quota - it's no lie that they simply adore SEO kids.
    why type it twice?

it was unfunny the first time round

your attempts at swagging jacking president ben are pretty pathetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lets go turtles!)
    you only do one numerical test with SEO and this applies to 10 banks but this separate to whatever recruitment the banks might do themselves.

i.e. just because you've passed a numerical with seo, doesnt mean if u apply to hsbc not through seo you dont have to do their numericals
    Exactly what I thought, I knew the lady at the event, was quite misleading.

Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, so easy to tell he is jealous, dont know why though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    why type it twice?
    Wtf? Not brilliant at counting to 2 are we?

it was unfunny the first time round
    Love the choice of words here.

your attempts at swagging jacking president ben are pretty pathetic
    Well missy, when the sheriff leaves this town of debauchery, violence and sin, someone has to keep the scum at bay.

Got problem with that, punk?

ReputationRep:
    Lol, so easy to tell she is jealous, dont know why though :rolleyes:
    I think you'll find that I have too much of a **** to be a she.

I think that if you were a careful follower of my musings on here, you'd have an answer to your ungrammatical question.

ReputationRep:
    Where, i said he? I corrected it before you made that post so HAHA.

Anyway back on topic, dont ruin the thread!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    kids kids kids
    be nice now.x

ReputationRep:
    Where, i said he? I corrected it before you made that post so HAHA.
    Ermm. Are you 100% sure? As you'd look like a right fool if you are wrong..

Anyway back on topic, dont ruin the thread!!!!!
    If you paid attention you'd know that me ruining the thread isn't the topic.

By the reason why I "ruined the topic" is twofold:

1) The person who started the argument doesn't have a sense of humour
    2) Your questions, and all questions in the universe, about the SEO have been answered on here. If you really cared, you'd have utilized the search function and have saved me the time and energy from not having to pw3n some nobodies (read: you two) for the last 30min, or so.

ReputationRep:
    The reference part is such a pain. I contacted my personal tutor 4 weeks ago and I emailed him twice. Received nothing back, he just doesnt git a ****.

Guess no SEO for me then , life is harsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HALe)
    The reference part is such a pain. I contacted my personal tutor 4 weeks ago and I emailed him twice. Received nothing back, he just doesnt git a ****.

Guess no SEO for me then , life is harsh.
    I feel for you bro. I had to provide 4 references, as apparently my original ones have been credit crunched. So I really hope that this set clears the hurdle as I'm really running out of people I can fall back on now - and startting to get to the ones who are "neutral" towards me.

edit: It's not for SEO, as I don't qualify, but for an internship - which is even more important!

ReputationRep:
    I feel for you bro. I had to provide 4 references, as apparently my original ones have been credit crunched. So I really hope that this set clears the hurdle as I'm really running out of people I can fall back on now - and startting to get to the ones who are "neutral" towards me.

edit: It's not for SEO, as I don't qualify, but for an internship - which is even more important!
    Those who are "neutral" towards you will probably be nice and give you very good reference, dont worry too much.

But I thought normally for internship, you just said reference available upon request?

ReputationRep:
    from not having to pw3n some nobodies (read: you two) for the last 30min, or so.
    Yes you truly owned me and everyone else on TSR, congratulations, for living in a imaginary world, owning people!

ReputationRep:
    apparently at LSE they said we are not allowed to see the reference. as its good practice? but i found another guy. not asked if he will let me see yet though.

ReputationRep:

what?! You actually have to give references? Strange - never heard that for an internship before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    what?! You actually have to give references? Strange - never heard that for an internship before.
    Really? I think if that (no reference checks) were the case, then you'd see a lot more ******** going on in the application forms.

ReputationRep:
    Just got invited to a Numeracy Test for SEO and GS. Anyone else?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.