Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzzz88)
    when did you recieve that email?....and is that for all seo candidates or jus for a specific Ac cnadidates or what?.....and what division did you apply for?

i am really getting worried now!
    hey Abzzz88, from what I've gathered you applied to tech? correct me if I am wrong.

The people discussing this stuff and getting mails about bank prefrencing are IBD guys who went for the last IBD assesment center. I think tech stuff may run differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seostattler)
    Yeah some good points. It appears to be a very similar thing in my case... Im just real confused as to whether the fact we are very good in their eyes they want us to get more exposure... Good luck to you and all involved... BTW was it BoA that interviewed you... Did Krishna say any of the banks at all had preferenced you???
    To Nimza and seostaller. After the assesment center, at the end of the day, all interviewers discuss each applicant. What I think is that you did not seem to *fit* with the earlier division that you applied for based on the competancies tested for and based on the answers you gave them, but the interviewers may have still thought you were good candidates. Thats why you had another ac for a different division. You were not highly preferenced for your division, but liked as an overall candidate in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wicked88)
    To Nimza and seostaller. After the assesment center, at the end of the day, all interviewers discuss each applicant. What I think is that you did not seem to *fit* with the earlier division that you applied for based on the competancies tested for and based on the answers you gave them, but the interviewers may have still thought you were good candidates. Thats why you had another ac for a different division. You were not highly preferenced for your division, but liked as an overall candidate in general.
    An interesting theory however I was reinterviewed with capital markets once again so I dont think that is likely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wicked88)
    hey Abzzz88, from what I've gathered you applied to tech? correct me if I am wrong.

The people discussing this stuff and getting mails about bank prefrencing are IBD guys who went for the last IBD assesment center. I think tech stuff may run differently.

No you are absolutely right, i hav applied to tech.

And yea i hav figured out that these are the earlier AC's being talked about and in other divisions, tech on had its second and final AC today, so i should be a bit more calm and easy and keep my hopes high.!

Thanks anyways!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seostattler)
    Yeah some good points. It appears to be a very similar thing in my case... Im just real confused as to whether the fact we are very good in their eyes they want us to get more exposure... Good luck to you and all involved... BTW was it BoA that interviewed you... Did Krishna say any of the banks at all had preferenced you???
    Yes it was Ali Mohri from BofA. How did your interview go? He's very sharp. Really pushed me to see how much I really understood about the markets and how I reasoned.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here been invited to an event/preferenced by a bank yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nads29)
    Does anyone know whether the email sent today in any way indicates that you were at least successful at the AC, even though SEO hasn't yet decided on whether to extend an offer?
    What I'm trying to ask is, would someone that was unsuccessful still have received the email asking them to preference the banks, as that would be pointless and a waste of time from SEO. So I guess, we can draw from this email that at least the ones that have received the email had all received positive feedback from the interviewers, and therefore its just a matter of how many places are available and who has been preferenced above others by the interviewers, and those are the people most definately to be extended an offer.
    hi nads29. i got the same email as you and i agree with you on what you said. i dont think they would have sent the email out to those who did not do well at the ac. so i think it all depends on how the individual banks ranked us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimiza)
    Yes it was Ali Mohri from BofA. How did your interview go? He's very sharp. Really pushed me to see how much I really understood about the markets and how I reasoned.
    Yeah he was extremely sharp grilled me a bit, but in a good way, very good guy... asked me to sell him a pen hah enjoyed that one tho.... Any more news at all...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I had to sell him a pen too. To earlier posts, I'm pretty sure they ask everyone who attended the ACs to preference the banks, so don't get too excited just yet.

ReputationRep:
    can someone in the know please answer this: if you havn't been invited to ac yet, does thi smean you might as well discount seo?

ReputationRep:
    is it possible for us to only prefence the banks we interviewed with? what if we only interviewed with 2 banks and hence only met 2 people?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether your preferences are passed on to the banks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    is it possible for us to only prefence the banks we interviewed with? what if we only interviewed with 2 banks and hence only met 2 people?
    It would make sense to rank the banks who interviewed you highly, but I was interviwed by a bank I had been rejected by but I had already informed SEO?

Does SEO try their best to put you in you most preferred bank?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think they do what they can to put you with your prefered banks.

Has anyone from a capital markets AC been invited to an event by any of the banks? I know that citi and barcap have sent out invites to IBD and AM people

ReputationRep:
    @BASIM

I have not heard of many people getting invites for Capital Markets but I am aware of one person getting an e-mail from Merrill Lynch that showed interest. Another individual got an invite to afternoon tea by Citi (dont ask I really dont know)...

ReputationRep:
    I interviewed for IBD and although Iv received the email for preferencing the banks, I havent yet received any invitation to any events from the BB.

But according to krishna, by no means shud you lose hope if you havent been invited as different banks do things differently, and therefore not all banks will be holding events for interns. It depends which banks representatives interviewed you. So I am not sure whether it is a bad sentiment if you havent been invited, I guess we'l just have to wait and see what happens next week when hopefully we shud be knowing whether we have been accepted or not.

Could people post whether they have been accepted or not as soon as they start finding out, at least that would quiell the anxiety for those that may stil be waiting to hear back.

ReputationRep:
    you guys getting anywhere with the banks directly? or replying on SEO?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys make of the email Krishna just sent out? Im confused as to whether this is good news or bad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    What do you guys make of the email Krishna just sent out? Im confused as to whether this is good news or bad...
    This is good news as if you havent got an event invite you may just be getting one in the near future!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    you guys getting anywhere with the banks directly? or replying on SEO?
    pretty much still relyin on seo and it doesnt look gud

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.