Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone else only see 9 banks...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, apparantly BofA, Deutsche and CS are not participating in SEO this year.

ReputationRep:
    Piss...there goes 3 of my top 6...

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah tell me about it!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone who applied to tech this year heard anything/been invited to another interview/been invited to any bank events/been contacted by the banks that interviewed them?????

cuz i really havnt heard anyone from the tech division!!!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing ive heard from tech is an e-mail stating that we should make our bank preferences on the 19th, so today, just waiting for the page to go live, apart from that zilch from the other banks, I know 2 other people who have been invited to Goldman for another interview, but the other banks do things differently, so some might invite you to an informal interview/lunch after they give you an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egoneo)
    The only thing ive heard from tech is an e-mail stating that we should make our bank preferences on the 19th, so today, just waiting for the page to go live, apart from that zilch from the other banks, I know 2 other people who have been invited to Goldman for another interview, but the other banks do things differently, so some might invite you to an informal interview/lunch after they give you an offer
    wen did you hav your assessment centre, and which banks interviewed you?

ReputationRep:
    I had my AC on Tues Feb the 10th, Goldman interviewed me for the technical and Nomura for the competency. I assume that you are in the same boat as i am? which banks interviewed you?

ReputationRep:
    well i had my AC on the 27th of jan, n both of my interviews were taken by nomura.

ReputationRep:
    have you been asked to vote?

ReputationRep:
    yea definately everyone who was invited to an AC was asked to do their preferences!

ReputationRep:
    I got an offffffer! wooooo

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Basim, who's it from?? what division??

ReputationRep:
    Just got off the phone...Nomura...Sales...but they said it will have a rotational structure
    Woooooooo

ReputationRep:
    congrats! was that through seo?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. That was bloody quick. How highly did you preference them? And was your interview with them?

ReputationRep:
    Basim congrats! Could people post as soon as they get the news, rejections or acceptances.

ReputationRep:
    lol thanks guys. Yeah twas through SEO, but the phone call was from Nomura directly saying that they have preferenced me and that I will be receiving my SEO offer on monday or tuesday. I ranked them number one because I sort of knew my interview went really well. And yes I was interviewed by Nomura. Also, Ive met alot of Nomura folks at networking events in the past and I thought the culture was super. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    heyy am applying for tech was invited to an event at UBS and goldman, both seem good but have no idea which to preference?No guarantee that eitha will accept me but i have better chance with these two i think

where do u think is a better place to work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steve2k6)
    heyy am applying for tech was invited to an event at UBS and goldman, both seem good but have no idea which to preference?No guarantee that eitha will accept me but i have better chance with these two i think

where do u think is a better place to work?
    go to both events; email them thanking them for the opportunity and they will most likely reply. From their reply gauge how interested they are in you, and from this make your preferences. standard.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.