Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Haine)
    It's not too late until your past the deadline. Although I do have to say, your post was about half of the 750 character limit. It's not some essay you need to plan, just chat the usual crap and it should take no longer than ten minutes.
    Lol, true, that's so true. I have 10 mins to spare to go on tsr and no time to write that thing, I feel the irony.

ReputationRep:
    SEO app is so easy...just make sure you get a reference on time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HALe)
    Please just let me know, am I too late to send off my application? Do I hold any chance?? Cuz I got my reference, but I still have 750 characters writing describing my extra-curricular activities, I know it's only 750 characters, but I just couldnt find time to do it, at least I need to wait until the end of this week to write it. I know, so lame right, sigh!!
    Just do it, it's not too important compared to other parts of the application. I did mine in 5 minutes, and even copied some stuffs out from my CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    Just do it, it's not too important compared to other parts of the application. I did mine in 5 minutes, and even copied some stuffs out from my CV.
    Not sure how wise that sort of thing is when you have to submit your CV too.

ReputationRep:
    well... i didn't copy and pasted it exactly, but i'm assuming rewording some of the stuffs that has been said in the cv is fine....

ReputationRep:
    Oh aye, just not copy and pasting. Might seem a bit lazy.

ReputationRep:
    got invite for numerical. any heads up. or is it just the standard SHL numerical??

ReputationRep:
    its standard.

ReputationRep:
    The numerical test is standard but i sincerely thought it was harder than the usual online test...

Probably just because of the pressure and the fact that they just grouped all of the graphs on one page. I wasted a bit of time scanning for the correct graphs lol....

ReputationRep:
    Q: Can you submit the application without having yet received the letter of recommendation?

Will they still look at it?
    My tutor is taking his time and its worrying!

ReputationRep:
    they wont look at it....I suggest you urge him to hurry up.

ReputationRep:
    My tutor did it in 10 minutes of me sending it to him so I'm guessing it's not a particularly strenuous form. Tell him to pull his finger out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Haine)
    My tutor did it in 10 minutes of me sending it to him so I'm guessing it's not a particularly strenuous form. Tell him to pull his finger out.
    Yeah, it took mine 10-15 mins or so, basically he only needs to comment on my study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BASIM)
    they wont look at it....I suggest you urge him to hurry up.
    Thx baz. I think I know u from hollyfield haha.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    got invite for numerical. any heads up. or is it just the standard SHL numerical??
    Congrats. How long did it take for SEO to give you the invite after you sent the app?

ReputationRep:
    Does the status change on your application online to confirm receipt of your reference? or is calling in suggested to confirm this?

ReputationRep:
    It says whether your reference has been completed or not below the status of your application.

ReputationRep:
    it just says that i provided someoe as an offline provider : s

ReputationRep:
    Well mine says...

"Recommendation Providers:
    * John Smith: Submitted, 11/12/2008"

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when SEO will normally start giving out AC invitations cos it's been 2 weeks since I sat the test and they say they'll normally take around that time to decide.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.