Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First AC is Jan 19th.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know rough sort of application to place ratios for SEO? Is it easier to get a place through SEO than independently?

ReputationRep:
    if you apply independently and get rejected then you still dont have the chance because they say that if you are rejected by say UBS, then they wont let you interview with them again. so if you apply normally, and get rejected by them all then you are not in a better position. if you want to maximise your chances you would apply to all their "partner banks" so whats they point of them then??

ReputationRep:
    Man, that's a confusing post.

Basically, if you apply independently, you don't get the 'in-depth training and high class mentoring' that SEO provide you with and hence, your application will be weaker.

You shouldn't really be applying to their sponsor banks (or at least the majority of them) if you're looking to get accepted onto SEO as once rejected, they will not be able to place you with them. There's plenty other banks to apply to.

ReputationRep:
    FFS, invited me to a numerical test at some GS building on the 7th and I won't be back from the States till the 10th. Why don't they just do online ones, so backwards :mad:

ReputationRep:
    to prevent cheating?

ReputationRep:
    errmmm... i got a reminder email from SEO saying I haven't completed my application...

But I have already sat the numerical test and completed the app long time ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by verticalforce)
    errmmm... i got a reminder email from SEO saying I haven't completed my application...

But I have already sat the numerical test and completed the app long time ago?
    I got the same, but received another slightly after explaining that it was due to technical issues.

I've just realised SEO don't reimburse travel expenses. Fcuk paying £1000+ to attend a silly numerical. I hope they have other arrangements.

ReputationRep:
    £1000? Where are you from? I don't think it's worth that kind of money... hell, I was even reluctant to come for 45 quids...

I think you better call them and see if they can arrange something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Haine)
    FFS, invited me to a numerical test at some GS building on the 7th and I won't be back from the States till the 10th. Why don't they just do online ones, so backwards :mad:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    £1000? Where are you from? I don't think it's worth that kind of money... hell, I was even reluctant to come for 45 quids...

I think you better call them and see if they can arrange something...
    I'm on my exchange year at the moment. Somewhere far, far away.

I e-mailed them as soon as I read it on the application centre homepage. Still waiting for a response.

ReputationRep:
    they are a charity, so will unlikely reimburse i think..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abercrombie&Fitch)
    to prevent cheating?
    Well then give us another at AC like other firms would.

ReputationRep:
    haha true, they have an AC as well, i mean they should do it all at once, instead of wasting our time i guess..

ReputationRep:
    anyone had interviews yet? i havnt even been invited to tests yet. did anyone who got invited to tests submit their apps just before the deadline or did yu submit them ages ago?

ReputationRep:
    I submitted it very late but I was on the fast track. You shouldn't be expecting any interviews until you've got an invite to the numerical test first, if you haven't been rejected then they haven't looked at your app yet so don't worry. Will probably get an invite to another test with a second batch which is promising as I need them to reschedule my test for a later date.

ReputationRep:
    They've pushed back the deadline again to the 31st! I didn't even finish my app, all I have left to do is my covering letter n upload a phot, but I'm too lazy because I found out I can't do corporat elaw til my final year and I'm not that much interested in IB. So my covering letter isn't really going to be enthusiastic about IB ahhhh, why can't they have consultancy internship too! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Ok now they sent me an email saying I have'nt done the recommendation part...

what??? How many tutor recommendation do you need? I thought just one...

ReputationRep:

Yes you only need one. Maybe you should send them an e-mail regarding it?

ReputationRep:

Yeah, just one. I got the email too, saying that I should checked if my tutor has submitted the reference. Maybe everyone got the same email and it only meant as a reminder or something? Cuz clearly my tutor has submitted the reference.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.