The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Has Purchas court in Parkwood been refurbished?

May anyone please share pictures or videos of Purchas court, specifically the 6 bed houses? I have heard that some of the courts have been refurbished and others haven’t, so I was interested in finding out the status of the houses in Purchas court as I am going to be living there.
Original post by Anonymous
May anyone please share pictures or videos of Purchas court, specifically the 6 bed houses? I have heard that some of the courts have been refurbished and others haven’t, so I was interested in finding out the status of the houses in Purchas court as I am going to be living there.

Hi there!
Purchas Court is currently going under refurbishment this summer so there are currently no photos available of what it will look like specifically, however, houses across Parkwood tend to all have a very similar look in terms of furniture, paintwork and facilities. The court will be refurbished by the time you start in September and all of the houses across the court will be equipped with brand-new furniture and facilities and will be modelled after the other courts which have already been refurbished. You should be able to access photos of these other rooms on our website: https://www.kent.ac.uk/accommodation/canterbury/undergraduate-accommodation/park-wood-houses
I stayed in Purchas Court in my first year which was before it was refurbished and the main difference between it and the other courts was that it was just more dated, but still had all of the same facilities as any other court :smile:
I hope this helps and you enjoy Purchas as much as I did!
-Bethany, UKC Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest