The Student Room Group

Student finance after leaving course

I just found out I didn't pass my 2nd year of medicine.
I completed year 1, during year 2 I interrupted and started again the following year. I failed my second attempt at 2nd year.
I want to apply to study thereputic radiography bsc, I'm having trouble finding out if I'm eligible for student finance. I read something about exception courses but information seems limited. Am I eligible for funding?
Original post by millyslayford
I just found out I didn't pass my 2nd year of medicine.
I completed year 1, during year 2 I interrupted and started again the following year. I failed my second attempt at 2nd year.
I want to apply to study thereputic radiography bsc, I'm having trouble finding out if I'm eligible for student finance. I read something about exception courses but information seems limited. Am I eligible for funding?

Hi there,

Are you looking to study full-time?

Thanks,
Kristina
Yes full time
Yes full time

Do you have a specific university in mind?

Thanks,
Kristina
Original post by SFE Kristina
Do you have a specific university in mind?

Thanks,
Kristina

I was looking at St Georges, I'm trying to stay in London. I think also there's London South Bank
I was looking at St Georges, I'm trying to stay in London. I think also there's London South Bank

I have checked both universities and only South Bank have therapeutic radiography listed as an exception course, which means you would be eligible for full funding.

St George's University does not have this course listed as eligible for funding at this time.

Thanks,
Kristina
I think there's also city university of London? So if I studies the thereputic radiography at London South Bank University I would be eligible for complete tuition fee loans and maintenance loans?
Is there a way I can find out the list of courses and universities that offer exceptions. I want to look into similar degree options
I think there's also city university of London? So if I studies the thereputic radiography at London South Bank University I would be eligible for complete tuition fee loans and maintenance loans?
Is there a way I can find out the list of courses and universities that offer exceptions. I want to look into similar degree options

Original post by SFE Kristina
I have checked both universities and only South Bank have therapeutic radiography listed as an exception course, which means you would be eligible for full funding.

St George's University does not have this course listed as eligible for funding at this time.

Thanks,
Kristina

Are there other universities that I would be eligible for full funding at?
Are there other universities that I would be eligible for full funding at?

Hi Milly,

We can't search universities for you, but let us know if you have any other courses and universities in mind. We can then check to make sure the course is eligible for funding.

Thanks, Graeme
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi Milly,

We can't search universities for you, but let us know if you have any other courses and universities in mind. We can then check to make sure the course is eligible for funding.

Thanks, Graeme

Thereputic radiography at City University London?
Just to confirm I would be eligible for full maintenance loan and tuition fee loans if I studied thereputic radiography at London South Bank
Thereputic radiography at City University London?
Just to confirm I would be eligible for full maintenance loan and tuition fee loans if I studied thereputic radiography at London South Bank

That's correct, yes - the course at London South Bank is an exception.

I can't see a Therapeutic Radiography course on our database for City University of London, do you have a course code for this?

Thanks, Graeme
Sorry the one at city university is called Radiography (Radiotherapy and Oncology) B822

Quick Reply

Latest