Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I know loads of these are posted but-
    Do I stand a chance of an offer from Nottingham (Geog BA) with
    GCSE-3A* 6A
    AS-AAA (C not declared)
    A2- predicted AAA
    Just getting a bit worried as plenty of friends have already had Notts offers:mad:

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a great chance to me.... Hell mine are basically the same and I tried for Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    my grades are similar and i've applied to the exact same course. I would have thought you'd have a chance I haven't sent of my form yet though my geography teacher has been off for hte past 2 weeks and she has my reference which is the last one my form tutor need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy6111)
    my grades are similar and i've applied to the exact same course. I would have thought you'd have a chance I haven't sent of my form yet though my geography teacher has been off for hte past 2 weeks and she has my reference which is the last one my form tutor need
    Maybe I'll see you there then!

I had issues getting mine off too- but it as because my geog teacher couldn't be arsed- I'm not joking!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Country Bumpkin 957)
    Hi everyone,
    I know loads of these are posted but-
    Do I stand a chance of an offer from Nottingham (Geog BA) with
    GCSE-3A* 6A
    AS-AAA (C not declared)
    A2- predicted AAA
    Just getting a bit worried as plenty of friends have already had Notts offers:mad:

Thanks
    First point, you are supposed to declare all subjects above a U.

Anyway, I have an offer for BSc Nottingham at the moment (AAB, A in Geography) and my GCSE's were only marginally better, and my AS's worse. I was predicted 3 A's at A2, though.

They go out in waves, so hold tight and you might get one next time around.

ReputationRep:
    I have applied for BA geography at Nottingham and, touch wood, I think I have a realistic chance. My GCSEs are 1A* 7A 2B and my AS' were AAAA. Basically, you have a very good chance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    I have applied for BA geography at Nottingham and, touch wood, I think I have a realistic chance. My GCSEs are 1A* 7A 2B and my AS' were AAAA. Basically, you have a very good chance...
    BA, pfft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    BA, pfft.
    Measuring the circumference of trees and wading through rivers, pfft :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grapevine)
    Measuring the circumference of trees and wading through rivers, pfft :p:
    :cool:

There's other bits too, don't forget colouring in. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    :cool:

There's other bits too, don't forget colouring in. :grin:
    lol :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Country Bumpkin 957)
    Maybe I'll see you there then!

I had issues getting mine off too- but it as because my geog teacher couldn't be arsed- I'm not joking!
    maybe i have two geography teachers, ones ill though has apparently written my reference and the other said he would ring up my other teacher to get my reference (he didn't) and then he said he'd write me a reference for Monday this week (as you can tell he didn't) What is it with geography teachers :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loopy6111)
    maybe i have two geography teachers, ones ill though has apparently written my reference and the other said he would ring up my other teacher to get my reference (he didn't) and then he said he'd write me a reference for Monday this week (as you can tell he didn't) What is it with geography teachers :P
    Must be genetic.... My Mum is a geog teacher too!:eek: Although she teaches physical:shifty:

ReputationRep:
    My only advice is that there is still time to apply for a proper subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barny)
    My only advice is that there is still time to apply for a proper subject.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If neither of you two get offers I'd be surprised, put it that way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I have no helpful advice to the OP but UGH I have to vent!! I am a gap year student, got AAAB in my A2's (A in geog) and sent my UCAS application about three weeks ago - I applied to Durham, UCL, LSE, Bristol and Nottingham but Nottingham is the only Uni I actually want to go to. I have 'acknowledgements' from all of them in my email inbox but no letters through the post of acknowledgement. I wish they would ******* hurry up and either accept or reject me, surely its a lot simpler because I've already got my A2 grades?! Arrrgh!! I hate this waiting game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo_2)
    I'm afraid I have no helpful advice to the OP but UGH I have to vent!! I am a gap year student, got AAAB in my A2's (A in geog) and sent my UCAS application about three weeks ago - I applied to Durham, UCL, LSE, Bristol and Nottingham but Nottingham is the only Uni I actually want to go to. I have 'acknowledgements' from all of them in my email inbox but no letters through the post of acknowledgement. I wish they would ******* hurry up and either accept or reject me, surely its a lot simpler because I've already got my A2 grades?! Arrrgh!! I hate this waiting game.
    How comes Nottingham is the only uni you wanna go to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UltimateJ)
    How comes Nottingham is the only uni you wanna go to?
    Because its perfect for me!! I had wanted to apply to Leicester and Cambridge and Edinburgh too, BUT my geog teacher told me that applying to Leicester would be stupid because I'm 'better than that'. (To any angry Leicester students out there, I don't necessarily agree with what he said, there were other reasons why I decided not to apply there). Decided against Edinburgh because its too far away (I live in the South of the UK and wanna go somewhere not too far away to stop me coming home regularly) and I missed the deadline for Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    got my offer for BA geog on the21st nov...AAB yay

ReputationRep:
    got my unconditional offer today whooooooo!! See y'all there

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.