Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anabolicator)
    maybe not, but like tipsy, i never had alcohol, actually just some sips, i was just wondering if i'd start feelin it, because i don't want to do dumb stuff and forget that it happened, i wanna know what im doing but also feel some effects.

tips please
    Well go on then...
    What are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prettyinpunk1)
    Well go on then...
    What are you waiting for?
    sorry i can't fast forward the time...

ReputationRep:
    My advice is drink wine or beer - NOT ALCOPOPS! They taste like lemonade and just like normal drinks, so you're likely to get drunk faster, and that's how you end up losing control, not knowing how much you've drunk.

I like alcopops though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'd say wait until your testicles have descended.
    I LOLd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nempozpag)
    Don't bother. Alcohol is really overrated. Have J20 if you absolutely have to go out with 'mates' on their binges.
    J20 is overpriced piss. It's generally better value having a beer if all there is on offer is J20!

ReputationRep:
    I hate drinking in clubs, I normally drink like a few cans of lager at home (so classy), then when we hit da clubs, I only have like 3 or 4 or 5 and a few shots.
    Then bobs your uncle, I'm "slighty" drunk and look like a tramp. the end.
    But I don't drink that often.

ReputationRep:
    sorry i can't fast forward the time...
    So you're not old enough?

Hmm

A little tip for you.
    Wait untill you're 18??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federer Rulz)
    Is it true that if you get drunk on voda, your likely to feel sik (and puke up.)

But if your drunk on beer, than its the opposite?
    Generally if you mix different types of alcohol in a night (e.g. vodka, beer, sambucca) then you're far more likely to be sick. I only drink beer when I go out usually and I never throw up!

If everyone just stuck to beer there probably wouldn't be half as much alcohol related trouble I reckon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssexDan86)
    J20 is overpriced piss. It's generally better value having a beer if all there is on offer is J20!
    Or tap water? Tbh i'd rather have J20 than piss though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    You want to know when to stop, is that what you're asking?

I'd say its fairly easy really - maybe I would think that 'cos I'm used to it. But there is a big gap between tipsy and forgetting the night. Just have a couple of beers/ciders or whatever you like the taste of, and see if you start feeling a bit giggley, find yourself more talkative and everything.

I believe it takes 20 minutes for whatever you drink to fully affect you. So you can do like 10 shots and feel kind of ok. But 20 minutes later you'll be in a state. So if you want to be really cautious then make sure you wait a little bit after drinks, and also be ready to eat a lot and drink water to absorb/pass out some of the alcohol if you feel its too much for you.

Drink a few pints of water or milk before sleeping and you wont get a hangover.
    Nah - the time to stop, is the time when you start thinking 'ohh im completely sober anyway, one more won't hurt!' and stop worrying about whether you've had too much to drink.

ReputationRep:
    If you've never drunk properly you won't know your limits and will inevitably get drunk without realising.

Just stop drinking when you feel drunk..

ReputationRep:
    please guys don't tell me not to drink.

my balls have descended years ago
    AHAHAHAHAHA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prettyinpunk1)
    So you're not old enough?

Hmm

A little tip for you.
    Wait untill you're 18??
    no, to saturday night...

ReputationRep:
    maybe not, but like tipsy, i never had alcohol, actually just some sips, i was just wondering if i'd start feelin it, because i don't want to do dumb stuff and forget that it happened, i wanna know what im doing but also feel some effects.

tips please
    Well I dont know what the others have said to you really and cant be asked to read what they wrote but i suggest this.

Find some friends to hang around with who don't mind drinking and who would like to drink, go to one of your houses in which there parents dont mind you drinking (best not being on the streets and dont know if your 18+ so to go to a pub). Get a bottle of vodka, a few beers, bottle of barcardey and what ever you really feel like and just try them out and see what you like... oh and don't worry about getting too drunk as you will probily start feeling sick and thats when its best to stop and give your self a break for a few minutes.

Don't drink too much but have fun.

ReputationRep:
    I am actually trying to be teetotal now after too many bad experiences with alcohol over the summer but people keep saying I won't stick to it...

Advice regarding alcohol:
    * Be with people you trust.
    * If you are going to makeout with someone make sure they are a) the correct sex, b) not engaged/taken c) Not a friend.
    * Go for alcopops as they are easy enough to take.
    * If you are going to get buckfast - don't and if you do, don't spill it over someone's clothes (someone spilt it on my top and it stained)
    * White star is quite nice.
    * Magners is quite ok to drink, nice even.
    * Experiment with flavours.
    * Don't overgo your limit.
    * Make sure to only bring a little bit of money with you.
    * Make sure you have a way home.
    * Don't drink because of peer pressure.
    * Don't play drinking games.
    * Don't think you are a brilliant dancer.

Be warned you might end up in the toilets...even if you think you are below your limit.

Please be careful! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    no, to saturday night...
    ohh

I don't get it then.
    Why are you posting on here you want to get drunk?

Anyway, it's not that long away.
    If you're never been drunk before though, be careful as you won't know your limits. I always get drunk without realising it, I say 'no more drinks now' but then I have another one anyway and pow I'm suddenly drunk haha.
    Have fun

ReputationRep:
    i think i wanna get tipsy too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheshire_Tom)
    No vodka is better, especially the day after, because it is a purer form of alcohol than that in beer so your liver can process it more easily. Also you don't smell like the people who drink too much beer.
    Yes, but it's waaaay too easy to drink far too much vodka, and do some real damage, and spirits can also affect people in different ways to other alcohol - I only need to have on shot of vodka in a night and I get really aggressive, which isn't me at all.

ReputationRep:
    get ******* wasted man go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheshire_Tom)
    No vodka is better, especially the day after, because it is a purer form of alcohol than that in beer so your liver can process it more easily. Also you don't smell like the people who drink too much beer.
    So whiskey does more damage to you than vodka?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.