The Student Room Group

ICT or Chemistry

My AS levels just started I am in year 12 I am stuck in choosing between ICT and Chemistry. I wanted to do 4 a level but the school would not allow it I have choose physics and math but I am still confused between ICT and chemistry I want to do software engineering as my degree in uni. If I do chemistry would I be able to get software engineering in university. Or I have to do ICT
Original post by MDan012
My AS levels just started I am in year 12 I am stuck in choosing between ICT and Chemistry. I wanted to do 4 a level but the school would not allow it I have choose physics and math but I am still confused between ICT and chemistry I want to do software engineering as my degree in uni. If I do chemistry would I be able to get software engineering in university. Or I have to do ICT

Software engineering as a degree only requires Maths to my knowledge (the other 2 A Levels are only relevant in terms of their grades). ICT, Computer science, and IT aren't facilitating subjects, but they can help.

Your choice between chemistry and ICT shold be inconsequential. Having said that chemistry is said to be more respected than ICT (which is just general computing to my knowledge), but chemistry is also known as a notoriously difficult A Level.

Quick Reply

Latest